Operations Office for Asia (OOA) - Operation Service Department (OSD) - Loan Operations (LOP)
Lead a team to manage and ensure smooth execution of various loans transactions including but not limited to Loans, Bank Guarantees and Account Receivable Financing in accordance to the agreed service level agreement with internal or external clients. Incumbent is also expected to be a loan operations subject matter expert, who is expected to contribute towards product development (especially in the operational aspects), provide inputs into operations processes or system enhancements for operational efficiency, risk and control purpose and to conduct robust investigation into incidents to mitigate operational risks.
- Support the development of the Bank, Business Unit and Operation's strategic plan.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder management with key stakeholders both within MUFG and externally.
- Work in partnership with Relationship Managers and Product Offices to understand unique transaction requests specifically for loan and bank guarantee, propose solutions and support the develop of transaction processing solutions.
- Work in partnership with Branch Credit on credit limit or transaction issues.
- Work in partnership with colleagues in Head Office on operating procedures or system enhancement.
- Support the team to coordinate information to respond in a timely matter to auditors and regulators.
- Responsible for managing performance (objective setting & performance management), developing (coaching, career progression & training) and reward compensation (financial and non- financial reward proposals) for Direct Reports.
- Act as a role model to team members and adhere to all company policies / guidelines.
- Support, coach and guide team on complex issues.
- Provide input into regional and local operations processes and workflows to deliver best practice, efficiency and mitigate risk.
- Review and approve daily transactions including but not limited to Loans, Bank Guarantees and Account Receivable Financing in accordance to MUFG policies and guidelines as well as local regulations.
- Review reports prepared by the team including but not limited to financial report, exceptional handling reports, incident and overdue reports.
- Review and analyse exceptional handling transaction requests to ensure the transaction processes are in compliance with MUFG policies and regulations.
- Investigate any incidents within the department by preparing incident reports and providing recommendations to mitigate risk in the future.
- Develop departmental initiatives to drive process and system enhancement for operational efficiency and improve productivity.
- Participate in relevant committees within Branch.
- Manage the risk profile of the department by ensuring the team adheres to MUFG policies and local regulations in order to process customer transactions in a timely manner.
- Ensure there is a strong Compliance and Control environment within the department
- Lead and oversee internal and external audits by coordinating activities for the department.
- Report to Branch management regularly on opportunities/risks and recommend appropriate actions.
- Maintain good working knowledge of industry trends, products, relevant laws and regulations.
- Act as a trusted advisor to management/client coverage/product team on operationalizing loan transactions.
- Preferably Degree holder
- At least 15 years of relevant loan operations experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills to influence using technical data and information to support line of reasoning
- Strong coaching, mentoring and leadership skills to manage a team
- In-depth knowledge of Operations systems to support transaction processing
- Substantial experience in operations, specifically for loans and bank’s guarantee.
- Strong understanding of the local banking regulatory environment and regulations
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.