Director, Global Financial Crimes Compliance Testing
- Competitive package awaits you!
- Permanent, Full time
- MUFG Bank
- 16 Apr 19
Responsible for leading financial crimes compliance testing activities, including execution of the Asia (Ex-Japan) Financial Crimes Compliance test plan in accordance with Global standards and providing local reporting oversight for the Global Unit systems and technology team in Asia. This includes leading and managing a team, engaging with key first, second, and third line personnel across Asia branches and offices - including the Regional Financial Crimes Compliance Head, coordinating with GFCCT Global Unit from the Global Financial Crimes Division headquarters in New York, and engaging key stakeholders from Japan, as necessary.
The Director will:
- Oversee and lead a team of financial crimes compliance testing professionals to perform complex effectiveness reviews and enterprise IT application(s) testing across all the Asia (Ex-Japan) offices.
- Lead the build out of the GFCCT Regional Unit in the Asia region in support the global framework for financial crimes compliance testing including adherence to the Global Financial Crimes Compliance Testing Standard (Standard).
- Assist the Global Unit in developing the Annual Testing Plan by providing country-/region-specific components
- Execute testing in accordance with Annual Testing Plan and the Standard
- Monitor developments, such as changes in the regulatory environment, which may necessitate ad hoc testing and inform the Global Unit
- Work with Regional Financial Crimes Office leadership to identify focus areas for testing that will aid program and control enhancement
- Contribute to consolidated global reporting on testing activities
- Escalate testing concerns and exceptions requests to the Global Head of
- Financial Crimes Compliance Testing in a timely manner
- Track and manage compliance testing identified issues to completion, including validation of completion status and communicate with GFCC and Issues Management in New York, as appropriate
- Manage team of Effectiveness Review professionals
- Coordinate efficient communication between various departments within Asia and the GFCCT leadership team in the New York GFCD headquarters.
- Manage other compliance reviews, projects, or related duties as required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Advanced Degree Preferred
- Essential – 10 plus years of relevant experience
- Preferred – ACAMS or relevant professional qualification
- Must have strong technical knowledge of all financial crimes (AML,
- Sanctions, and ABC) laws, regulations, and regulatory expectations in
- the Asia region
- Solid understanding of cross border payment standards and systems
- Solid understanding of financial crimes systems, including transaction monitoring, KYC, and transaction filtering systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead and guide the development and execution of a risk-based financial crimes compliance testing schedule
- Ability to develop and adhere to testing processes and protocols, including test planning, script/procedure development, test execution, report preparation, issue management, and work paper documentation
- Ability to coach and guide compliance testing professionals
- Maintain awareness of financial crimes compliance-related laws, regulations, guidelines, and industry best practices
- Excellent problem-solving skills to understand complex financial crime, control processes
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
MUFG Bank, Ltd