Director, GPO Support, CLDM
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- In line with CC Business Plan deliverables, ensure that treatment plans are in place and executed as per the committed timelines in order to mitigate elevated risks emanating from credit or credit allied processes.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
- Support the implementation of strategic initiatives aimed at enhancing the Bank's credit transformation agenda.
- Drive process simplification and automation agenda as it relates to Credit and Credit Allied processes, by leverage data and analytics
- Strong understanding of the end to end Credit processes in the Bank and its interplay across the various PRTs
- Ensure execution of the relevant treatment plan actionable Client Coverage and maintain oversight on the country lead RCRs.
People and Talent
- Collaborate with 2LOD Credit Risk Policy team and other Risk stakeholders to ensure necessary training and guidance is provided to frontline teams on multiple matters and new policy directives.
- Provide subject matter expertise to RCRs/ change initiatives from a Credit Process expertise perspective
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Develop strong network with Operational risk partners to ensure strong control over credit processes with CC
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the control framework to mitigate keys risk such as Credit, Climate, Reputational, Traded Credit and initiating corrective treatment plan where required.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Strong understanding of the Group's operational risk framework and processes including but not limited to gross and residual risk assessments, top down reviews, annula risk and control self assessments
- Review and challenge the ORF results for the credit processes quarterly before submission to GPO and RFO for sign off
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Frontline Client Coverage Staff
- Credit Policy
- Enterprise Risk team
- CFCC Advisory
- Credit Risk
- CCIB COO teams
- 9+ years of overall experience with 3+ years of experience in Credit Risk/Operational Risk and related areas with a leading commercial bank, preferably with international exposure
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Business/Finance/Accounting and/or professional certifications (e.g., CFA, CFE, CPA) preferred
- Corporate Banking Credit Risk experience / process skills
- Operational Risk / COO exposure
- Proven and relevant experience preferably Credit risk as a frontline or 2nd line partner or in operational risk management, ideally in one or more of areas such as trade finance, financial statement analysis and risk & control self-assessment. Relevant experience in relationship management will be a plus including a broad understanding of the CCIB Business segments and activities
- Thorough understanding of Banking business processes & products, risks, threats and internal controls particularly in relation to Credit origination processes
- Thought leadership and proven ability to work across a global team and effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and program management skills with proven ability to collect and analyse data, establish facts, and make recommendations in written and oral form
- Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Successfully handle challenging roles requiring collaboration and stakeholder management
- Work with all levels of management and staff, successfully manage and engage multiple stakeholders, negotiate effectively in situations involving conflicting interests and positively influence key decision makers on critical issues
- Liaise and coordinate on an ongoing with various parts of the Bank, including senior business and risk stakeholders
- Proactive and positive with the ability to make good/sound decisions and use independent judgement
- Ability to influence and align action plans with senior business stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.