Director, Data & Privacy, Customer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The Data and Privacy Transformation Programme, within Group COO - Trust, Data & Resilience, aims to uplift data and privacy in existing processes and controls and to improve customer experience. This role will develop and manage the data and privacy strategy for customer marketing consents and permissions, alongside with all the key operational aspects of delivery and project management. This role will work closely with the Customer workstream leads and product owners, various Business and Functions teams, 2 nd line Compliance colleagues and Technology.
The successful candidate should have experience in and provide subject matter expertise in Data & Privacy by Design principles. The candidate must have a good understanding of Data Management and Privacy principles and issues and be a subject matter expert in customer experience, customer channel management. Key Role & Responsibilities
- Act as the voice of the customer in the Data and Privacy Transformation Programme and have a passion for user experience.
- Translate customer needs into business processes and technology requirements, and coordinate user experience design across relevant teams.
- Develop the customer marketing consent strategy and manage marketing permissions to strengthen our ability to reach potential and current customers across channels.
- Embed Data & Privacy best practices and controls in the end-to-end client journeys across SCB.
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership to create and embed best practice for data and privacy.
- Identify, understand and assess trends and opportunities in privacy and data management and how they are relevant to SCB's customers.
- Design, build & implement global processes and controls for Data and Privacy matters relating to customers.
- Lead the testing for developed products and processes with customers, gathering actionable insights and creating a roadmap for continuous improvement.
- Monitor and report on the efficacy of data and privacy controls (both organisational and technical controls).
- Manage the implementation of innovative data strategies and systems to enhance the efficacy of key processes and controls.
- Work out tactical and strategic approaches and solutions in areas like (but not limited to) impact assessments, consent management, privacy notice management, cookies management, handling data subject requests and data management.
- Work closely with technology, data and cyber security teams across the bank to operationalize requirements, and harmonise key processes and controls throughout the data lifecycle.
- Partner delivery teams to ensure that solution meets requirements and is delivered with accuracy and quality.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Project Managers & Workstream Leads
- Head Operations, Data Management and Privacy
- Head Data Management and Privacy Operations
- Head of Group Digital Channels
- Head of Process and Controls (Data, Privacy and Records)
- Business and Function stakeholders
- CFCC, Operational Risks and all 2 nd Line of Defence
- Degree holder in any discipline
- 10 and more years experience in a client-facing or client focused role, preferably in consent management, privacy notice management, cookies management, handling data subject requests and privacy as a service
- Extensive professional experience in a role relating to customer experience particularly in areas such as consent management, privacy notice management, cookies management, handling data subject requests and privacy as a service
- Experience in human centered design / service design is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building and implementing and / or managing processes, controls, and frameworks on a global scale to improve customer experience
- Demonstrated experience of designing customer journeys to improve impact and effectiveness for customers and business
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Excellent understanding of data management and privacy management practices and ability to operationalise requirements into a pragmatic suite of processes and controls
- A good understanding of global data protection laws and practices preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.