Director, Credit & Portfolio Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The Credit and Portfolio Management (CPM) team focuses on reinforcing first-line ownership of risk and origination discipline, reducing P&L volatility and optimising capital and liquidity resources to support the growth of the Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking (CCIB) business.
The CPM Distribution team drives and develops the use of various distribution tools to recycle scarce balance sheet resources, allowing balance sheet risk and returns objectives to be met within risk appetite. Execute & Support the CPM Distribution Agenda:
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Drive efficient and effective secondary distribution of bank exposures, including the development of diversified liquidity options.
- Work with stakeholders within CPM, Risk, and the Business to determine and execute appropriate distribution and hedging strategies, to reduce concentration risks and free up capital and liquidity capacity.
- Manage the loan sales process, including ensuring that Financing Risk and regional CPM teams are well coordinated.
- Participate in the Distribution Forum to co-ordinate distribution strategy consistently across the Bank.
- Form, lead and work with the deal team(s) for execution of transactions (e.g. CLOs or various structured funding options).
- Actively explore and advance on new types and avenues of distribution to support origination, which includes looking into ways to expand the distribution investor base.
- Manage the replenishment (communication with RMs and regional CPM teams) and optimisation of CLO hedging, working closely with BSSG deal management team.
- Provide transparency on the cost, effectiveness, and execution risk of a transaction to enable decision-making; which includes maintaining discipline on assessing comparable transactions.
- Ensure robust governance, reporting and booking of transactions to ensure benefits are taken to the extent committed.
- Ensure tight adherence to compliance standards in execution of transactions, distribution of assets and risk hedging activities.
- Monitor changes in the regulatory landscape and market structure related to distribution activities, including responding to regulatory questions and updates.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Balance Sheet Securitisation Group (BSSG)
- Financing Risk
- Financial Markets Structuring, Sales & Trading
- Relationship Managers
- Technical Accounting
- Credit Risk Control
- Credit Policy
- Integrated Middle Office and
- Graduate qualifications (or conversions): Well recognised university degree. Masters in Finance or CFA will be advantageous.
- 10+years of relevant experience in the banking and financial services industry, including relevant experience in Credit Risk, Treasury, Structuring, Legal or Technical Accountin g. .
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.