Director, Corporate Ratings South & South East Asia
Director, Ratings Analytical (S&P Global Ratings) - South & South East Asia The Role:
S&P Global Ratings is looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Corporate Ratings group as a Director based in our Singapore office. The role will involve ensuring strong analytics, team leadership and client relationship for a group corporates in the South East Asia region . This is in addition to being directly responsible for a set of complex companies. The position also involves demonstrating your analytical insight to internal and external audiences in an international working environment. The Impact:
Acting as a subject matter expert with deep understanding of the South East Asia operating environment and corporate sector, you will represent S&P Global, a leading financial markets player and benchmark provider of market intelligence, in one of the most dynamic regions globally. You will have good knowledge of the overall global fixed income market and will generate innovative ideas that provide new learnings for their business or teams. The Career Opportunity:
As a senior member of the Corporate Ratings team in South East Asia , you will work together with regional and global country and sector specialists, deepen and broaden your insight into regional credit trends and become a true and highly visible expert in international credit markets. This provides a great opportunity for experienced professionals to build their expertise in a rapidly changing market. Your Skills:
Self-motivated team player who can work autonomously to ensure high quality analytics as well as strong client relationship. You should also have a track record of leadership, and you will preferably have significant credit experience in covering the corporate sector and must be able to represent S&P in internal and external forums. Bachelor degree is required, and a Masters/MBA or CFA is preferable. Our Hiring Manager says:
"I'm looking for a candidate that has significant credit experience and a strong knowledge of operating environment and corporate sector in South East Asia. As a senior analyst within the team you will play a key role in adding to the team's analytical strength as well as contributing substantially to S&P Global's market education activities." Responsibilities:
- Analytical oversight (surveillance requirement, analysis accuracy) over a group of companies in the South East Asia region being the subject matter expert
- Take direct responsibility as primary analyst over a small portfolio of sensitive, complex ratings analyzing pertinent information and data necessary for rating determination
- External communication and outreach - the director must develop effective relationships with issuers, intermediaries and investors and be the senior representative in meetings on analytical matters.
- The director will be actively involved in publishing timely commentaries
- The director will ensure that the analytical guidelines, procedures and policies established for ratings are adhered to by the analytical staff
- Will need to remain current on research, trends and market conditions.
- Act as a senior member of rating committees and be responsible for convening and conducting rating committee deliberations in area of expertise.
About S&P Global Ratings
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in financial services, credit or a relevant industry sector
- Knowledge: With strong analytical capability - either strong credit analysis background or equity research background
- Personal skills: Highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast-paced environment and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Language: Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Has ability to mentor others
- To handle multiple tasks or projects with tight timeline
- To meet regular surveillance timeliness needs and also to act on ad hoc or unexpected events and projects
- Solves complex, non-routine problems, using analytical judgement
- Reviews analytic models created by others in the team for use internally
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.