- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 26 Apr 18
Director, Compliance, Product & Cross Border Governance
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
The successful applicant will... * Coordinate and oversee the product approval (country addendum) process across multiple locations in Asia for all product lines, working together with Business as well as Risk Stakeholders, regional product forums and global Process Governance Committees.The successful applicant will report into Global, Head, Cross Border Compliance and will...
- Support the development and maintenance of Cross Border Risk Framework to facilitate cross border business and assist in optimally managing the legal, and regulatory risks emanating from such cross border activity.
- Oversee Cross Border Risk processes and events across multiple locations for all client segments, working together with Business as well as Risk Stakeholders, regional and global Process Governance Committees.
- Provide guidance on matters relating to Bank's Cross Border Policy to Business and Risk Stakeholders and assist in a meaningful implementation of and ongoing compliance with the Policy.
- Assist in refreshing and overseeing the Onshore/Offshore framework of the Bank dealing with product and cross border governance in high risk locations and sensitive products.
- Assist investigations into potential unauthorised cross border client engagement.
- Support and implement the vision, strategy, direction for Cross Border Compliance team, consistent with the Global Head's vision and strategy for the function and in support of the Bank's strategic direction and growth aspirations. Working closely with other members of the Cross Border Compliance Team and more widely, Group Business Compliance.
- As a Risk Control Owner, assist in the conduct (where applicable) and review of controls and assurance processes (being run by First Line) to maintain the residual risk relating to cross border governance within acceptable limits. Assist in enhancing end-to-end controls by being a conduit of escalation, and resolution, of cross border governance risk matters to the Global Head.
- Asist in enhancing awareness of cross border requirements including conducting training sessions for the same across regions.
- Build and maintain an effective and constructive relationship with all key business and functional stakeholders that is based on trust, capability and integrity, providing timely, responsive and quality regulatory compliance advice and guidance to enable the business and functions to meet/ achieve their strategic tactical objectives.
- Promote the culture and practice of compliance with compliance standards (including conducting business within regulatory requirements, and to high ethical standards) within the Bank and embed a Here for good culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Provide robust challenge to senior management and all relevant business stakeholders where activities are outside risk tolerance/ appetite, escalating as necessary, until appropriate oversight and ownership is achieved including actions and plans to address any remedial action as needed.
- Use a deep understanding of the Group's policies and processes, and an awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment, to support the Group's global product and client strategy.
- Proactively support and challenge the Group's businesses and functions to exhibit appropriate conduct, comply with regulatory and compliance requirements and strive to achieve fair outcome for the Group's clients.
- Maintain constructive and effective relationships with local and regional Business Heads/Business Chief Operating Officers ("COOs"), and assist relevant Compliance heads to interface with and support all key business stakeholders.
- Maintain independence, deliver timely responses, and timely escalation of risks and issues where risk management tolerance of the firm are exceeded.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and help build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
Apply if you have Compliance, Legal and/or Operational Risk experience.