- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 22 Jan 18
Director, Compliance Process Control
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
You will support and control the implementation of the Operational Risk Framework(ORF) across the Compliance function and embed the Business as usual (BAU) requirements to ensure a robust sustainable process. To provide the Compliance Operational Risk interface between the Compliance function and Operational Risk (OR) in all matters regarding the practical implementation and BAU operational risk processes for Compliance owned processes, and to gather, develop, produce and manage the Management Information(MI) necessary to monitor and report the status of these areas.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Review and validate control monitoring results submitted for Compliance owned processes
- Assess and track overdue control monitoring results
- Assess and track control monitoring exceptions
- Assist countries in understanding the Operational Risk Framework procedures
- Assist in the assessment of appropriateness of controls defined by the process and control owners in mitigating the stated Potential Failure at the group and country level
- Assisting the Compliance Process and Risk Owners define the level of assurance, Key Control Indicators(KCI) and Control Sample Tests(CST), necessary to provide an appropriate level of comfort that the controls are operating as specified.
- Assisting in all aspects of the rollout of the Enterprise Operational Risk Platform (EORP) and any follow up issues.
- Assist in the reporting of the control monitoring results, risk ratings, exceptions for relevant management and governance committees in a meaningful manner.
- Identify thematic issues ensuring things are not misclassified as 'isolated single country'
- Assist in the determining where additional or redesigned controls are needed where the existing ones prove to be insufficient
- Track medium or higher residual risk ratings and ensure that risk acceptance papers are tabled for acceptance by the appropriate person or risk governance committee
Qualifications & Skills
- A good understanding of the SCB Operational Risk Framework and methodology would be advantageous.
- Experience in Risk and or Compliance roles at a country or group level would be beneficial to the candidate coming up to speed quickly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a geographically disbursed and highly varied stakeholder base
- Strong organisational skills
- Good team player
- Good analytical and numerical skills
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...