- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Jan 18
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The Credit & Portfolio Management team is a recently formed team within SCB Corporate and Institutional Bank. The CPM Distribution team is looking for a candidate to take an active role in secondary distribution of bank risks in order to support sustainable growth of the business and a better Return on Equity for the bank. The role prevents a great opportunity to combine a technical knowledge of distribution with the ability to help drive strategy at a high level as it relates to "Originate to Distribute".
Key requirements are:
- Practical experience of different distribution and hedging techniques across Loan Sales, Credit Default Swaps, Insurance, and securitization.
- An understanding of the trade-offs between risk, return and capital deployment. Strong knowledge of credit risk concepts within a Bank (RoRWA/ RWA), and the credit application process.
- Proven track record in origination/distribution with relevant experience in capital markets origination or risk distribution role
- Practical experience in working with cross border and cross function teams
The candidate must be prepared to drive projects individually from idea stage, through creation of termsheet, marketing presentation, and engagement of internal stakeholders such as technical accounting, risk measurement assurance, and compliance and legal. A key focus is on governance and delivering within the regulatory framework, to ensure that distribution methods are robust.
Interaction with internal teams will include regular dialogue with CSDG, Risk and the Business. External interactions will include representing the bank at industry events, interaction with investors, rating agencies, and legal counsel.