Director, CFCC Framework and Policy
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Support the development of the strategy for CFCC Frameworks in line with the CFCC function strategy and the Group strategy.
- Support and advise CFCC teams in Group, Regions and Countries on the management of their Compliance risks.
- Support the embedding of Compliance risk identification within the first line through ongoing advice, development of practical guidance and sharing of best practices.
- Lead the implementation of the Compliance Risk Framework across the Compliance function and embedding the BAU requirements to ensure a robust sustainable process.
- Lead the annual Compliance Risk Framework effectiveness review
- In collaboration with Risk Reporting, develop the MI necessary for Compliance Risk reporting and monitoring of risk appetite metrics.
- Support the design of the Compliance Risk Framework to effectively set the standards on how to manage Compliance Risks throughout the Bank aligned with the Board Risk Appetite Statement.
- Understand and evaluate current and emerging Compliance risks.
- Work closely with colleagues in the wider CFCC function to ensure Compliance risks are comprehensively identified, assessed, managed, monitored and reported.
- Comply with and communicate the relevant risk management policies.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Support the design and management of the compliance risks inventory.
- Support the reporting of key compliance risks and issues to senior management and relevant Group and Business risk committees.
- Track the Group Scorecard actions related to Compliance Risk and reporting of RAGs to the Group scorecard teams.
- Assist Global Head, CFCC Framework & Policy in coordinating and managing internal and external audits and assurance reviews.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support CFCC Frameworks and Policy to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and demonstrate the Valued Behaviours
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CFCC Management Team
- CFCC Advisory Leadership Team
- Regions Compliance Leadership Team
- CFCC Framework & Policy Leadership Team
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Group CFCC Assurance
- Group Internal Audit
- At least 8 years of experience in compliance risk management or experience in Risk and or Compliance roles at a country or group level.
- Established understanding of operational risk management within a financial services environment.
- A good understanding of the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management Framework and the Principal Risk Types.
- Strong drafting and analytical skills
- Good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in the proactive management of compliance risk.
- Personal authority, integrity, and ethics
- Sharp business acumen, including the ability to assess risk
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and multi-cultural awareness
- Knowledge in risk identification, risk assessment, controls development, training, monitoring and reporting would be an advantage.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.