Director, CDD Risk Manager - Asia
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Drive the Global Client Lifecycle & CDD model to build synergy between the countries and regions, work closely with CDD Risk Managers from within Asia & other regions to share best practices and ensure uniform approach towards implementation of Global CDD Model and adherence to DOIs;
- Act as the "go to" person in CCIB for Korea & wider Asia countries for advice on policy, process, system and procedures to enhance the knowledge base for the CDD model between the hub and the spokes from an end-to-end process perspective;
- Provide approval & oversight on client specific exceptions raised against CDD requirements in CIB Tools evaluating the risk of the alternative measure provided;
- Maintain continuous liaison with Regional FCC & central CCIB/FCC teams for guidance on complex policy/risk issues and active feedback loop for policy gaps and revisions required;
- Engage with audit or monitors on questions or issues raised in relation to the CDD process;
- Monitor the end to end process including: long overdue cases, manual trigger reviews, sanctions submission, paper case rectification, CST/QIA rectification, and report to the relevant governance committees/groups as appropriate;
- Act as an escalation point for FCC on risk issues identified through second line assurance or advisory processes and thematic feedback on CDD quality in the country / region;
- Play an expert role as an advisor/coach to RMs & CDD Execution Teams to ensure ongoing quality assurance of the CDDs in the region;
- Evaluate and approve/support requests for dispensations, paper records, offline deferrals, manual signature update cases;
- Advise on any training gaps in the region that require rectification or proactive actions;
- Seek and escalate front line feedback on market practices and peer bank policy/procedures;
- Work and/or lead on global and regional projects as prioritized by the region/group;
- Act as CDD spokesperson for the Region (representation at BORC, Regional Risk Forum, and other committees);
Our Ideal Candidate
- Monitor and execute as appropriate timely completion of ORF checks by CCIB Teams, Hub & Country CETs, ensure escalation of exceptions noted if any, through appropriate forum (BORC/CORC) and to Country/Regional Heads;
- Assist Country Teams on responses to CDD related queries from ongoing audits, if any and involve the CDD Teams on queries involving process/system changes, for effective closure;
- Monitor access to eCDD+ system while according approval for the same through RMS tool, strictly on role-based requirements;
- Contribute as a key stakeholder into the regular Service Review Meetings (SRM) in country/region;
- Monitor remediation of deficiencies (provided by central team) in cases identified through the CST QIA process.
- Act as an interface for CDD Execution Teams to RMs in the region to ensure discipline and quality in CDD execution;
- Liaise with the hub to ensure that consistent standards are delivered by the hub for Asia;
- Assist PSS team with prioritization of System Issues through "ticket escalation";
- Drive reduction in overdue rates for all countries in the region for all CDDs & child cases;
- Monitor rework rates to ensure they remain within defined thresholds, suggesting and taking action to rectify as appropriate;
- Monitor tracking (to be provided by central teams) training for relevant team members, in particular training that is required/mandatory (e.g. regulatory). Escalate to appropriate forum (e.g. CORC) and/or individuals (e.g. CCIB head) as appropriate for gaps in training;
- Conduct regular in-house exercises to identify specific management / process issues and recommend solutions, make the case for change with stakeholders and assist with implementation as required;
- Actively assist countries with conceptualizing, planning and executing remediations in line with group priorities;
- Monitor tracking (to be provided by central teams) of dispensations, triggers, transaction restrictions, paper records, deferrals, et al and escalate as required to ensure timely completion.
- Masters or Bachelors degree
- As the incumbent will be supporting Korea Market, ability to speak in Korean is preferred
- Subject matter expert & thought leadership in KYC/CDD and related operations
- Knowledge of the local/regional regulatory environment and the ongoing developments
- Specialist knowledge of industry / consulting practices
- Process and operational expertise with a keen sense of commercial awareness needed to develop appropriate solutions. Proven experience of developing, interpreting & applying AML policy in the context of a Client/Enhanced Due Diligence process
- Good knowledge of Wholesale Banking products
- Project Management skills to undertake and supervise/monitor specific projects Proactive and positive with the ability to make good/sound decisions and use independent judgement
- Thorough understanding of the legal structures of various client entity types including financial institutions, corporate organisations, funds.
- Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders
- Interpersonal skills in networking, influencing and decision taking
- Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with FCC & stakeholders in the Business and Operations by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively
- Can work independently to strict timeframes
- Focused, organised and results-oriented
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders. Ability to influence senior staff and offshore shared services teams and drive change agenda
- Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Banking and Finance Industry
- 5+ Years of Experience in KYC / CDD.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.