The Alternative Investments and Managed Solutions (AIMS) team is part of BOS’ Product Management Group. This position is for the team lead of the Business Support function of AIMS, and has a two-pronged mandate: (1) develop, maintain, facilitate and/or execute on policy, procedure, frameworks or minimum standards of AIMS’ product management processes, including oversight of the efficiency of processes (working closely with the AIMS product managers); and (2) provide management support for the AIMS management on business & financial analytics, strategy execution, change & transformation management as well as general team support activities.
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
The Alternative Investments and Managed Solutions (AIMS) team is part of BOS’ Product Management Group (PMG).
This position is for the team lead of the Business Support function of AIMS, and has a two-pronged mandate: (1) develop, maintain, facilitate and/or execute on policy, procedure, frameworks or minimum standards of AIMS’ product management processes, including oversight of the efficiency of processes (working closely with the AIMS product managers); and (2) provide management support for the AIMS management on business & financial analytics, strategy execution, change & transformation management as well as general team support activities. The role has a dual reporting line - to the Head of AIMS and the Head of Business Management of Product Management Group.
The ideal candidate would have an understanding of the asset management business ideally with experience gained in either or both the Mutual Fund and the Alternative asset management businesses, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to collaborate and influence to achieve objectives and deliver practical results. Additionally, the candidate would be best placed with experience in business management and/or management consulting. An interest and experience analyzing and interpreting data for business insights would be a distinct advantage.
- Oversight for and coordination of business processes within AIMS
- Primary point of contact & coordination between AIMS and the key partners within the organization for all business & change management activities
- Central management & oversight of business strategies, plans, performance/cost management initiatives and management reporting
- Oversight of governance & control issues to drive proper behavior in the Advisory & Sales processes, in compliance with the Bank’s policies on cross-border business conduct, investment & product suitability, order taking standards & pricing, audits & inspections
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support change management initiatives by representing AIMS at various working groups and forums. Work with key stakeholders to ensure process changes and solutions are sustainable and obtain buy-in from the AIMS leadership.
- Operate as a conduit for AIMS in streamlining businesses processes by escalating gaps & inefficiencies to the technology teams and application owners. Initiate tactical improvements to existing practices where required.
- Manage the repository of AIMS business process documentation
- Support sales performance monitoring, and be prepared to trigger initiatives & business reviews to keep traction with financial targets
- Conduct financial planning and sales management for PMG including tracking of expenses, hires, recruitment, KPI, product performance etc.
- Secretariat for select management meetings and responsible for managing the tracking and closure of deliverables
- Support senior management with ad hoc presentations for key meetings such as sales forum, off sites etc.
- Ensure compliance with Group Policies and Standards by driving a regular review of the Control results with the Department Manager & Team Leads and propose corrective actions where required – Tone from the Top risk culture
- Manage internal or external audits, inspections, training and ad-hoc administrative
- Bachelor’s degree level qualification. Candidates from other backgrounds, but with work experience in related fields may be considered.
- Position can be based either in Singapore or Hong Kong.
- Solid demonstrable experience in working directly with Senior Management in a business management, risk and governance and change management (including technology) capacity within Private Banking.
- Knowledge of the Asset management industry ideally with experience gained in either or both the Mutual Fund and the Alternative asset management businesses
- Proven track record of project-managing and delivering cross-functional projects on time with minimal impact on users
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Front Office controls, risk policies, procedures and requirements in the context of both the Singapore and Hong Kong regulations
- Meticulous, focused and a demonstrated ability to work independently under time pressure, from start to finish
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work as an integral part of a larger team, over multiple, concurrent projects, across a variety of topics
- Highly energetic and affirmative, with a positive, influential style even in the face of challenging circumstances
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other tools (specifically MS Excel and PowerPoint)