- Permanent, Full time
- Funds Partnership Asia
- 23 Apr 18
Director, Business Development
This position will lead sales efforts to institutional investors and intermediaries in Asia ex-Japan. The candidate brings a strong network and proven sales track record across a spectrum of investors in this region, including institutions, private wealth and intermediaries
- The successful candidate will be focused on delivering new client relationships in Asia ex-Japan, including institutions, private wealth and intermediaries
- The candidate will match the company investment capabilities with the needs of the Asian market. He or she will work closely with the distribution, client service, compliance/legal, and investment groups to increase our penetration in the Asia market.
- The candidate will secure invitations to participate in RFPs, and work the relevant teams on RFP proposals, as well as conduct compliance approved presentations where necessary.
- Provide prospect profiling and market intelligence on business prospects that are beneficial to the business development strategy.
- Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner and work on sales leads identified through calls, events, referrals and promotional campaigns.
- Identify and respond to opportunities that would impact sales and customer satisfaction with each client including regular communications and client inquiries.
- Facilitate attendance at major seminars, conferences, summits, road shows and conduct presentations at such events when appropriate with assistance from the marketing team.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date sales/service records of all activities insuring that all relevant departments receive the necessary information to help facilitate and support the sales, service and investment process for the company
- Extensive travel, as well as participation in evening/night communication (e.g. via conference calls, emails) with our global offices is expected as part of this role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least five years of sales/business development experience in the financial (preferably asset management) industry.
- Proven sales track record across a spectrum of investors in this region, including institutions, private wealth and intermediaries such as private banks and insurance companies.
- Strong existing network of regional investors. Existing knowledge of the institutional and private wealth market in China would be an advantage.
- Familiar with offering multi-asset as well as long-short equity solutions.
- Extremely strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An accomplished independent worker, but still possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Mandarin (verbal and written) would be an advantage.