Director, APAC Licensing & Exchange Relationships
The APAC Licensing and Exchange Relationships Director is responsible establishing Platts Asian exchange strategy and managing and directing Platts' business development activities and licensing activities with existing and new exchange partners and with customers who require unique licensing arrangements with Platts. Key responsibilities include: strategic planning, influence internally, , establish and maintain executive and operating level relationships at key Exchange partners. Responsibilities:
Functional and Business Knowledge:
- Manage APAC Licensing Operations:
- The Director will leverage the role and importance of exchange relationships within the broader Platts business as a PRA to promote the development of new benchmarks and to drive the generation of licensing revenue.
- Recognize the strategic and commercial implications of existing and potential licenses and translate them into "best practices" maximizing bilateral relationship between S&P Global Platts and the major exchanges.
- Ensure customer behaviors and reporting conforms to contractual requirements and assures actual activity reflects terms and condition of licensing. Engage with customers to resolve discrepancies in a positive way.
- Manages resources across Platts (Legal, Finance & Fulfillment) to ensure billing and invoicing processes are followed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the mission critical data sharing relationships with the exchanges which provide data key to our major assessments and benchmarks.
- Support Exchange Licensing Negotiations
- Build, manage and maintain senior level relationships with our exchange partners
- Develop financial models to support licensing negotiations
- Shepherd out-bound licenses from term sheet stage to execution stage by coordinating legal, editorial, and commercial resources globally
- Support Platts teams engaged in major license negotiations marshalling and directing resources from Legal, Content, GTS, Sales and Fulfillment during the entire process.
- Coordinate exchange-related business development initiatives
- Monitor market developments to define and refine S&P Global Platt's Asian Exchange Partner strategy.
- Interface with exchanges and help to drive exchange-related business development initiatives, including joint market development or technology partnerships;
- Manage the tracking of exchange volumes and business goals of the exchanges to help inform Platts' strategic business goals as it relates to entrenching Platts benchmarks.
- Serve as central point of coordination for all exchange related activities between various Platts commodity groups and sales teams in all geographic locations, ensuring efforts are streamlined and a consistent approach and message is delivered to exchange partners
Knowledge of the exchange ecosystem, futures markets, and hedging and risk management needs in commodities markets. Strong strategy development and financial modeling experience. Interactions:
Role requires the ability to communicate with, influence and gain support of S&P Global Executives at every level. The global nature of the role requires flexible communication skills and the ability to relate to organizations and people operating across a diverse linguistic and cultural landscape. Typical Scope & Impact:
The scope is APAC and cuts across all of Platts' commodities. The role has direct impact on the success of our benchmarks and is key to supporting a significant revenue income for the business. Minimum and Preferred Education:
Undergraduate degree in Economics, Math, Finance, Business. Post graduate degree highly desirable. Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills:
13 plus years of experience in strategy, consulting, finance, or business analysis.
Deep knowledge of the functioning of financial markets and the role of Exchanges, Clearinghouses and Price Reporting Agencies (such as Platts).
Preferable to be proficient in Mandarin to manage stakeholders from Chinese market
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.