- Permanent, Full time
Digital Test Automation Architect
- Full time
- 22 Apr 19
Digital Test Automation ArchitectJob description
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
We at Accenture Digital believe that test automation delivers greater productivity with continuous delivery, while managing performance and security for our clients who want to move fast but not break things.
We are looking for a Digital Test Automation Architect who can design and implement an end-to-end testing approach bringing together mobility, analytics and interactive into a unified test framework to deliver a seamless user experience across numerous connected devices, interfaces, networks, & platforms.
In this role, you will mainly focus on defining the overall test automation strategies, developing test frameworks, setting up guidelines for building automated tests within the test frameworks. Additionally, you will play a key role in building out the test infrastructure.
- Evaluate if test automation is suitable given a project complexity.
- Recommend the most suitable tool suite available in the market given client's constraints and current gaps.
- Assessing extent of automation in terms of application suitability, client budget and other constraints.
- Creating repeatable test models.
- Determining the starting point of automation in the development life cycle.
- Recommending the number of passes per test cycle.
- Work with the engineering team to design and plan one or more of the following: component, assembly, application and integration product test, performance and user acceptance test.
- Managing a test environment with client IT.
- If a third party product is involved, maturity in managing the product vendor in terms of level of support, contractual obligations etc. is expected.
- Ensure that the team follows the testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology as specified in the testing approach..
Skills and experience
It's essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum 5 years of experience of designing and implementing test automation solutions for desktop applications, mobile sites and mobile applications using Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, JMeter, SoapUI, Postman or equivalent.
- Possesses expertise in automating functional tests, speed tests, device profiling, API tests, security tests, OS and device compatibility tests.
- Hands-on knowledge with setting up DevOps is preferred.
- Automated test execution experience on devices as well as emulators.
- A result driven attitude and good communication skills.
- Demonstrates team leadership qualities as you may be required to manage a team of test engineers.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law .