Digital S/W Engineer Sr Mgr
The Digital S/W Engineer Sr Mgr accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Possess the ability to continuously build a network of talent inside and outside of the company.
- Create mechanisms to help onboard new talent to the organization and be able to mentor others.
- Effectively coach and give feedback to direct reports to help develop talent and support career development
- While managing the team you will be able to apply performance standards and identify resource needs for the team in order to set and balance goals across team to optimize performance against department goals and employee development. This will include the ability to describe strategic importance of vision inside and outside of the team and to set and articulate expectations around leadership behavior; including role model behavior that exemplifies Citi's leadership principles.
- Design, implement, and deploy software components and solve difficult problems generating positive feedback.
- Have a solid understanding of development approaches (and how to best use them).
- Able to work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully.
- Deliver work that is consistently of a high quality (e.g., secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, efficient, etc.) and incorporates best practices. Your team trusts your work.
- Code reviews tend to be rapid and uneventful; provide useful code reviews for changes submitted by others.
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions, taking on projects that improve your team's software, making it better and easier to maintain.
- Make improvements to your team's development and testing processes.
- Have established good working relationships with team-mates and peers working on related software.
- Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
- Able to confidently train new team-mates about your customers, what your team's software does, how it is constructed, tested, operates, and how it fits into the bigger picture
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in an Apps Development role or senior level experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Exhibit expertise in all aspects of technology by understanding broader patterns and techniques as they apply to Citi's internal and external cloud platforms (AWS, PCF, Akamai)
- Lead resources and serve as a functional SME across the company through advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, networking, use of knowledge and experience to lead, architect, and drive broader adoption forward.
- Acquire relevant technology and financial industry skills (AWS PWS) and understand all aspects of NGA technology - including innovative approaches and new opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge on automating code quality, code performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .