- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 13 Nov 17
Digital Insights Analyst
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The job will involve statistical analysis, cohort study and predictive modeling by leveraging complex network of data sources. You are an expert in statistics / data science. At daily basis, you will perform analysis on customer behavior data, conversion and campaign data to help business to identify pattern, drivers, and create predictive or LTV models. You are the go-to-person for statistical questions and web experimentation, and you will infuse statistical rigor into the analysis and reporting at a new scientific level. You will partner with business stakeholder and turn insights into actions.
The measures of success consist of (but not limited to):
* Utilisation of existing data to digitally deliver actionable insights driving business decision making.
* Digital tech stack creation and delivery working with ITO and Analytics teams collaboratively.
* Expansion of the internal Mobile platform to deliver digital KPI's on the go (including sales metrics, adoption, platform analytics etc.)
* Interactive visualisation tools roll-out for Group, Region and Country users.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Digital Data to Actionable Insights
- Leverage existing data to digitally deliver actionable insights driving business decision making
- Statistical analysis, cohort study and predictive modeling by leveraging complex network of data sources
- Mine both structured and unstructured elements of digital performance data to objectively and fairly compare countries across Retail.
- Develop and prescribe the processes by which aggregate and anonymous digital benchmark data can be shared with various stakeholders.
- Interact with internal users to define, synthesize and prioritize data requirements and work with engineering groups to assess the feasibility of potential approaches.
- Simplifying and automating workflows, for making things better, for being efficient and helping others do more with less
- Expand the internal Mobile platform to deliver digital KPI's on the go (including sales metrics, adoption, platform analytics etc)
- Rollout interactive visualisation tools for Group, Region, Country users
- Establish new platforms for tracking, monitoring, real-time offering and test & target
- Work closely with Sales and Engineering to develop and integrate new platforms
- Monitor and report developments and results
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Interprets relevant data and identifies key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Displays awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Digital Data & Strategy team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in computer science, economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, or other quantitative field where hypothesis testing, root cause analysis and the scientific method are emphasized (advanced degree preferred)
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills, including conducting research, analyzing data, developing hypotheses, and synthesizing recommendations
- Proficient in database querying (SQL, SAS, Mongo, or Comfortable with a scripting language for non-production use (C#, Python, or PHP)
- Able to script and automate simple ETL from big data sources
- Experience choosing database architectures (determining best schemas)
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Experience working with big data platforms, such as Hadoop/HDFS
- Familiarity with digital marketing performance measurement
- Passion for the field of data-driven marketing and ability to absorb concepts quickly.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Passion for new knowledge and ability to absorb concepts quickly
- High level of energy, personal drive, and positivity
- Global Head, Digital Banking
- Global Head, Design & Client Experience
- Global Head, Digital Insights
- Regional Head, Retail Banking
- Regional Head, Digital Banking
- Global Retail Banking Teams - Product & Segment, Distribution
- COO, Retail Products, Digital & Segments
- Head, Retail Risk Operations
- FCC, Retail Banking
- ITO, Retail Banking
- Country and Regional Heads
- Investment Portfolio Governance team
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.