Head of HR, Asia Pacific ex-Japan
Our job in LaSalle’s Digital Transformation Team is to be brave and accelerate the impact of digital transformation by partnering closely with our business units, we prototype ideas, test them in the real business scenarios, and quickly adapt the solution. Combining data science, human-centered design, and the latest rapid development techniques—such as agile, microservices and DevOps—we help deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses.
LaSalle Investment Management (“LaSalle”) is a global real estate investment manager with USD 71 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and over 750 people in 17 countries and 24 offices worldwide. Our diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe. LaSalle sponsors private separate accounts, private open and closed-end commingled funds, and public real estate securities programs. As a wholly-owned member of the Jones Lang LaSalle group, LaSalle's investment teams also draw on the intelligence and resources of our parent company, giving us unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders.
Team & Role Overview: If you live and breathe digital, we want to offer you a challenging and exciting role in LaSalle's Digital Transformation Team. Imagine using digital technologies to disrupt the real estate investment industry. Our job in LaSalle's Digital Transformation Team is to foster innovation and accelerate the impact of digital transformation by partnering closely with our business units.
We prototype ideas, test them in real business scenarios, and quickly develop and adapt solutions. Combining data science, human-centered design, and the latest rapid development techniques—such as agile, microservices, and DevOps—we deliver breakthrough products and experiences.
We are using agile methodologies to develop a LaSalle Digital Experience (LDX) Platform connected to a layer of core digital applications and built on our unified data & content platform for our digital transformation.
Reporting: The position reports to the Head of Business Technology & Digital Transformation for the Asia Pacific (AP) region but will be working too closely with business leaders across the AP and our digital delivery center in India.
This role will be based in Singapore and involve some travel between our offices across Japan, China, Australia, Korea, Hong Kong, and the Bangalore delivery center.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to help define and drive the AP digital transformation strategy.
- Work closely with the LaSalle business team to understand user needs, design solutions, and document requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Translate business requirements into data and reporting requirements and definitions to inform user stories for the delivery team to build the data foundation and front-end user interface.
- Gather business rules, data, and unstructured information from multiple sources and systems, critically evaluating it and reconciling conflicts in requirements.
- Work with the LaSalle Digital Delivery Team closely to communicate requirements to developers and testers and ensure all business-related queries are resolved and supported with any functional testing as needed.
- Analyze LaSalle data and content sources to document data definitions, determine value source mapping, and support creating a business glossary/data dictionary.
- Work with the business and technology team to verify the accuracy and completeness of data and document business rules for data cleansing.
- Identify and document user access control requirements to build role-based permissions and access control for data and documents according to regulatory requirements.
- Be a continuous champion and marketer of LaSalle's transformation, digital and agile goals, and communicate progress, priorities, and vision to senior management and the broader business stakeholder group.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 8+ years of demonstrable experience in business analysis, product management, program management, or a related field is preferred in the real estate or financial domain.
- Extensive experience working with business stakeholders to understand user needs, document requirements, and translate them into product features within a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience with projects implementing enterprise data platforms, analytics, and business intelligence solutions (e.g., Looker, Tableau, Power BI) or ETL/data transformation processes.
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies, product management principles, and development processes within a Scrum framework.
- Experience managing and prioritizing a product backlog and writing epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria for functional and non-functional requirements.
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in a non-technical manner to business users.
- Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to multi-task, lead through influence, and demonstrate a 'client-service' mentality.
- Superb written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors and communicate between the project team and senior leadership.
- As a majority of the stakeholders are based in Japan and China, proficiency in Chinese and/or Japanese language is a plus
- Functional understanding of real estate specific applications like Yardi, Argus, and others.
- Experience implementing document management systems or digital experience platforms (e.g., Liferay).
- Experience working with offshore technology delivery teams.
- Familiarity with and understanding of finance, accounting, and investment analysis principles.
- Familiarity with project management tools & software.
LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community