- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 22 Apr 18
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.We are seeking a talented and motivated individual for the role of Software Development Manager. The role, based in Singapore, will manage multiple vendors and the vendor's developer resources across the SDLC phases. It is important the candidate has the appropriate engagement skills and experience to influence, update, communicate and align these capabilities across people, processes and technology. The candidate needs to create a single motivated development team across multiple vendors.
The candidate should have strong stakeholder management and communications skills, be experienced in line management in a culturally diverse, cross-regional matrix organization. The candidate will be expected to proactively work on the assigned development projects with minimal supervision, providing pragmatic leadership to create development teams focused on timely and quality driven deliverables.
The candidate will provide management and oversight in the following areas:
- Managing vendors and vendor development resources.
- Delivering timely and high quality software delivery across the SDLC
- Ensure that the development risks, issues, quality, costs and schedules are appropriately managed
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven analytical capability and problem solving abilities
- At least 10+ years of extensive experience in working on the following tasks:
- Developer Lead and/or
- Developer Manager,
- Technology implementation projects (could be even from the network software side)
- Engagement with senior people within business, operations, and technology.
- Ability to lead multiple vendor teams and integrate them into a single motivated and quality driven team
- Good team work with strong influencing skills.
- Articulate communicator, ability to engage with different functions and senior stakeholders.
- Solid technical and development background
- Good engagement skills with both business and technology.
- Good to have skills and experience in:
- Managing teams from multiple locations and cultures
- Core banking implementations