- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 19 Apr 18
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
FM eTrading has defined an exciting strategy and aggressive multi-year year product roadmap. The Financial Markets eTrading system developments team is a specialist team of individuals hired to design, develop and enhance proprietary systems that will differentiate the bank in its core markets. eTrading systems are aimed at numerous customer markets.A successful candidate is expected to:
- Design, build and implement low latency systems in our eTrading platform.
- Work with teams spread across infrastructure, product development, support, test, and the front office
- Participate in eTrading product requirements gathering
- Participate in the development of all aspects of product delivery including design documents, functional specifications, and component build
- Make contributions to the evolving architecture;
- Conduct issue and risk identification, management and resolution
- This is a key role which will play pivotal role in the development.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DELIVERABLES
- Take responsibility for the system component design and build
- Ensure developed code is fully tested through automated unit tests
- Build relationships with key stakeholders
- Adhere to SCB development practices
- Manage application support handover to global teams
- Maintain and enhance the code base after project go-live
- Build relationships with fellow developments managers inside/outside FM, Infrastructure units etc.
- Advocate delivery excellence, ensuring application release quality
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Must have excellent C++ skills including modern C++ (C++11/14/17), thorough working knowledge of STL and Boost libraries
- Must have excellent knowledge of different algorithms and data structures
- Must have an excellent grasp of multi threaded, low latency, high throughput development in C++ under Linux/UNIX
- Must have experience in building low latency, high throughput, highly resilient algorithmic trading applications or have similar experience in other areas (telecommunications, GameDev etc)
- Must have experience in building multi-site enabled co-located systems
- Must have a working knowledge of the design of scalable, high availability, supportable distributed architectures including three tier and n tier
- Must have an excellent grasp of messaging and communication protocols including point-to-point (TCP), and RPC's including reliable and guaranteed messaging delivery policies, familiarity with Middleware messaging frameworks ideally Solace.
- Good to have in-depth knowledge of FX products, pricing, connectivity, execution algorithms and real time risk management
- Cognizant of architecture and heuristics for the dissemination of market data and other real-time information.
- Knowledge of all aspects of software design and development including the judicious use of domain specific languages and code generation techniques
- Working understanding of SQL and simple DDL operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with business representatives.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...