- Up to SGD160000.0 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 15 Jan 18
DevOps Technical Lead (Foundation Services)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Up to SGD160000.0 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
The Foundation Services DevOps group is modernizing SCB's capability with a focus on efficiency, automation, and improved transparency. The new DevOps pipeline will run from requirement, user story, and task management in JIRA, through source control, to automated build and packaging, to automated provisioning of cloud-based environments, to automated deploy, and test execution.Job Description
Foundation Services - Projects seeks a talented and motivated individual for the role of DevOps Lead Engineer. Person will lead DevOps teams and work with Development teams to define, implement, and roll out the DevOps components they need. They will be experienced DevOps professionals who have configured, deployed, and supported the components of a typical DevOps pipeline. They will be mature individuals who have experience working and lead an agile/lean environment with critical peer review of design and code. They will have experience in working closely with the programmers to come up with the best solutions and systems.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage DevOps pipeline for multiple projects and teams
- Work with Development and Project Management teams to identify their specific needs.
- Work with core DevOps Engineering team to build CI/CD solutions for Foundation Services - Projects
- Deploy and maintain custom, team-specific DevOps solutions for Foundation Services - Projects
- Maintain team-specific infrastructure for Foundation Service teams
- First level of debugging for systems and networking problems in the DevOps pipeline
Qualifications and Skills
- Developer Background preferable Java EE-based
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch
- Strong leader that can implement agile/lean practices across Foundation Services - Projects
- DevOps toolchain experience: JIRA, Bitbucket (GIT), Jenkins, Artifactory etc.
- Configuration and deployment tools experience - Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Cloud computing deployment and management experience - AWS, Azure, gCloud,
- Container Management and container orchestration experience - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Cloud Foundry etc.
- Monitoring tools Elastic Stack, Appdynamics, Prometheus, Grafana, ITRS, Nagios etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX and TCP/IP - must understand strace and tcpdump output
- Undergraduate level qualification with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Strong English communication skills
- Breadth of knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud computing,
- Prior experience in BigData and Machine Learning is a plus.
- Familiar with Queueing Theory, BigData concepts, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Camel, Machine Learning technologies and environments.
- Development experience in Java EE, Python, Node.js, HTML5, CSS3.