Desk Dev Engineer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Your responsibilities include:
• Gain a good technical and business focused understanding of APAC Markets businesses and our technical implementation
• Work effectively with team members in other locations situated regionally, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore
• Provide domain expertise in some or all of the following business processes: Market Data Management, Risk Valuations and P&L attribution/reporting, life-cycle management and document reporting
• Relationship management of Business/IT clients and teams regionally, ability to craft and maintain positive relationships and communicate at all levels
• Handle the relationship with other development teams for stronger technical integration
• Work with Platforms to reduce the complexity profile of existing applications and integrate simplification into the environment
• Contribute to the Engineering tech stack build-out for the suite of "quick business win" deliverables
Your future colleagues
APAC Desk Dev IT is the group of IT professional that sit closest to the traders' needs, often providing spreadsheet/tool based solutions on Pricing/Issuance/Risk/Life-cycle Management, and other such functions that require quick turn-around until strategic solutions are in place. The team is being rebuilt to not only focus on spreadsheet development but also transition into a Core Development field that still allows for quick/robust solutions that are flexible in nature You Offer
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Your Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or related field is helpful but not required.
- You have significant work experience in commercial software development, predominantly full stack web frameworks and exposure to more recent technologies.
- Your financial knowledge in the area of FX Derivatives and/or Fixed Income and a passion to work with front-office traders is preferred but not required.
- You have the ability to develop intuitive and robust user interfaces which improves user experience as well as work well in delivering complex systems in a changing, dynamic environment.
- You possess a real passion for Agile working practices and a strong dream to work with baked-in quality fields, such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation.
- You have sound knowledge of application architecture and design.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standard.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.