Deputy Head of APAC Compliance
Description About this role Role Aim/Purpose:
As Deputy Head of Asia-Pacific (APAC) Compliance, you will work closely with the Head of APAC Compliance (based in Hong Kong) to implement BlackRock's best practice compliance program across the region. As a member of the APAC Compliance team, you will work closely with local, regional and global teams and internal business stakeholders to provide compliance and regulatory advice on a range of complex matters and issues. You will also deal directly with regulators and industry associations across the region. Key Responsibilities:
- As a senior compliance professional, you will be expected to provide advanced strategic and technical compliance and regulatory advice to a range of internal business units across APAC - including on issues relating to regulatory reforms, financial markets, portfolio management, licensing, enterprise compliance, marketing, distribution and clients.
- Provide advice on local and regional laws and regulations, as well as BlackRock's policies and procedures and global best practice standards. You will participate in local, regional and global compliance initiatives to ensure regional and global consistency and, implement global BlackRock best practices.
- Liaise with regulators, industry groups and peer organizations to advance BlackRock's and our client's regulatory policy agenda and provide input to consultation papers and other regulatory reforms.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required:
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Law/Business/Economics with recognized professional qualifications.
- At least 15-20 years relevant working experience in investment compliance at an asset manager or other financial service organization. Proven track record in one, or more, of the following areas - investment advisory compliance, regulatory engagement and reform implementation, enterprise compliance (e.g. core compliance, compliance training, regulatory licensing).
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment in Hong Kong or Singapore and in one or more of Taiwan, Japan or Australia. Working level experience and interactions on China related regulatory issues and regulatory engagement with Chinese regulators, highly advantageous.
- Proven track record in advanced analytical, problem solving and communication skills - including presentations and communication to senior management and Boards.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Ability to lead projects with minimal supervision and the ability to work autonomously.
- Advanced people management skills including influencing and leadership skills.
- Team player who is sensitive to the needs of the functional business units and other stakeholders.
- Ability to operate effectively and constructively in a demanding and fluid working environment and skilled at multi-tasking.
- Supportive of Diversity, Equity and Inclusive initiatives.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.