- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Database Engineer, neXus
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Database Engineer, neXusAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Define and implement the Database strategy for an online banking project. This will include setting up replication between data centers, implementing backup strategies and defining processes around storing backups.
- Setting up Databases as per development requirement.
- Secure data in flight and at rest.
- Support multiple Database types (Oracle, Postgres, etc.)
- Willingness to learn
- Design and implement replication strategies for an active/active data center layout
- Design and implement backup and recovery strategy
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years experience in managing DB systems.
- Experience managing Oracle
- Experience managing Postgres
- Proven record of implementing replication across data centers
- Proven record of implementing backup strategies
- Previous work with microservice based architectures is a big plus
- Experience with setting up and running NoSQL is a big plus
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments is plus
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies is a plus
- Knowledge of retail banking is a plus
- Cloud knowledge a big plus (AWS/GCP) - (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Be nice, respectful, able to work in a team
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.