About the Role
As part of the Technology Operations Team, the Database Administrator oversees the daily operations of Trumid XT’s databases. This candidate would be responsible for maintaining the integrity, High Availability and performance of our databases. You will capture, analyze and resolve database related issues and provide a seamless workflow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users. The Database Administrator enables data distribution to the right user, in an appropriate format and in a timely manner. You will work closely with development teams on designing high performing and scalable databases. This person is confident. As a team, we are passionate about implementing best practices, adopting new technologies and working as part of a collaborative culture.
What You’ll Do
● Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, security, and performance of critical databases to ensure availability and consistent performance of all databases
● Implement disaster recovery and backup solutions
● Setup and configure MSSQL/Postgres instances both on-prem and cloud solutions
● Ensure database security by protecting confidential information, adhering to both regulatory and industry best practices.
● Creating custom reports for both in-house and external clients
● Extract and/or load data using SSIS packages, SQL Server import/export
● Provide production support both during regular business hours and after hours.
● Configure necessary modifications on the production systems and handle necessary upgrades
● Perform database health checks and database usage metrics analysis, consistently monitoring database availability and performance
● Enhance monitoring solutions to pro-actively capture, analyze and resolve database related issues.
● Work with development teams on index strategies, SQL query tuning and best practices
● Create security monitoring ensuring the security of the data and adhering to regulatory and industry requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
● Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
● In-depth knowledge of MSSQL and PostgresSQL both on-prem and cloud. AWS RDS, BigQuery and Google Cloud Relational Databases
● Experience with server installation, configuration, pj_dump/pg_restore, incremental backups, query optimization and performance analysis
● Ability to detect and troubleshoot database-related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention issues
● Proficient with Linux administrative tasks
● Hand-ons experience running Cloud services such as AWS, RDS, and GCP
● Knowledge of jenkins, github, scripting shell scripting, Performance counters and DMV’s
● Familiar with database structure languages such as PL/SQL
● Can configure management solutions such an Ansible and Terraform
● Ability to work with a team and perform work with minimal supervision
● Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking and multi-tasking ability
● Must exhibit strong attention to detail