The Architecture Sr Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business. Responsibilities:
- Manages an architecture functional area.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Responsible for providing architectural vision for all IT systems, ensuring that architecture conforms to enterprise blueprints.
- Develops architecture, strategy, planning, and problem solving solutions on an enterprise level. Interfaces across several channels, acting as a visionary to proactively assist in defining direction for future projects.
- Maintains continuous awareness of business, technical and infrastructure issues and acts as a sounding board or consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions.
- Interfaces with vendors to assess their technology and to guide their product roadmap based on Citi requirements.
- Exhibits sound understanding of theories and practices in architecture and multiple related areas.
- Has in depth knowledge of how technology integrates within the organization and of direct competitors products and services.
- Requires evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated or novel situations; uses multiple sources of information.
- Impacts the overall technology function through responsibility for planning, finances/budget, end results, setting policies and contribution to strategic decisions.
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate and negotiate with external parties.
- Performs other job duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Management and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Methodical, attention to detail
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .