Data Project Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Lead a team Business Analysts and Developers to effectively implement programs in meeting BCBS239 requirements.
- Liaise with the BCBS239 Portfolio & Risk Areas to define the detailed deliverables, implementation plan & path to compliance.
- Define the implementation plan (including key dependencies, resource requirements and interlocks).
- Work closely with the Group Functions and Business Areas to implement / enhance data quality controls and documentation per the Bank's Data Quality Management framework.
- Manage and run working groups & steering committees.
- Produce ongoing metrics on progress, status reports & communication packs.
- Support all second line review and deliverables that require validation / confirmation from CIO Risk Technology, including adherence to standards on documentation & controls.
- Manage and create Jira portfolio, Dashboards with forward looking release plan and management
- Manage and Interact with a broad cross section of different functional teams spanning a wide range of technologies, working closely with PMO, solutions architecture, and support teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (or equivalent Experience) from a recognised university.
Domain knowledge & Technical skills
- Project management certification (PMP/PRINCE2)
- Any additional scrum or agile certifications (CSM, CSP, PSM I, PMI-ACP)
- Experience of implementing Large scale Big Data warehouses and managing multiple workstreams and demanding stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of SCB application systems and business process
- Strong technologist, knowledge of banking systems, ability to problem solve, self-starter, basic infrastructure knowledge, ability to work under pressure.
- > 10 years of work experience the Banking / Financial Services industry
- Project management experience in delivering data governance initiatives within large Financial Institutions.
- Experience in implementing compliance & regulatory change initiatives for Global Banks
- Good relevant of working knowledge of one or more regulatory requirements like BCBS239, Basel II, Basel III ,FATCA, IFRS , Financial crime impacting global financial institutions
- Excellent leadership skills with proven experience in managing change initiatives
- Outstanding ability to write clear, concise and plain English.
- Outstanding ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Outstanding ability to negotiate with senior stakeholders to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Structured thinker with the ability to break down complexity into smaller parts to aid communication and implementation.
- Self-starter and individual contributor who is comfortable with working within a geographically diverse line management structure
- Experience in developing policies, procedures and controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which lend themselves to team-oriented approach and able to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual.
- Ability to think clearly and to resolve critical problems in a high-pressure environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities, across all levels of the organisation
- Understanding of key Big Data technologies and Data architecture concepts
- Experience in regulatory reporting.
- Experience in data protection and data privacy.
- Ability to perform as a mentor/guide/coach to multiple teams.
- Ability to guide teams towards continual improvement through routine team inspection during retrospectives.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.