Data Manager, COO Office (Director/ Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
We are looking for a Director/Associate Director
for the newly created role of Data Manager (COO Office)
, who will be accountable for the requirements, definitions, and quality of the Bank's client data.
The role will seek to create and utilize analytics techniques to monitor and assess our client data quality attributes, lead and influence cross-functional teams to prioritize and address data quality issues, and contribute towards improving processes and controls on data quality.
You will be collaborating with Data Hub to leverage on our data capabilities to derive actionable insights on the quality of our client data. This is an essential role that supports Bank of Singapore's ambition to be a data-driven company, leveraging high quality and timely client data and analytics to further advance our competitive advantage.
If you are passionate about driving data quality and process improvements, have deep knowledge and/or interests in data analysis/data management with a knack for complex problem-solving, and can manage and influence stakeholders of varying seniorities with minimal supervision, this is the opportunity for you. Responsibilities: Data Quality (DQ)
In this role, you will lead and influence cross-functional teams to identify, assess, and prioritize data quality issues; you will collaborate with peers and staff to conduct root cause analysis of DQ issues, and escalate critical data issues with recommendations to senior management to drive decisions. You will mobilize cross-functional resources to drive remediation where required, including driving one-off data cleansing, and/or recommending process change or preventive controls.
You will track the inventory of DQ exceptions and review them to ensure they are or will be actioned upon as per prioritization. You will also represent the Client Data owners in the semi-annual attestation of Data Quality as per procedure, and publish the Monthly DQ metrics and scorecards. Data Governance
You will act on behalf of Data Owners in appropriate management forums and working groups to communicate data requirements and alignment of data-related decisions, and act as a permanent member of the Data Working Group organized by the Data Management Office.
You will make recommendations to Data Owners and Data Domain Experts/Consumers to enhance procedural controls to drive improvement of DQ. You will also identify significant deviations from data policies, assess impact, and escalate deviations to Data Owners / Data Management Committee for decisions. Metadata Management
You will establish Data Dictionary and Data Lineage as Static Source artifacts, and ensure quality, accessibility, and clear governance in the creation and maintenance of inputs. Qualifications Requirements:
- Total working experience of 10-15 years, including minimum 3 years of solid experience leading cross-functional change projects in banking, ideally involving data quality or process improvements
- Experience in private banking business operations or reporting preferred
- Solid knowledge of how private banking business uses data, and familiarity with data analysis, requirements gathering, and SLA development
- Experience with database platforms, data modelling techniques, and tool selection; and/or with data architecting, mining, warehousing, and cleansing; and/or with enterprise-wide data management environments a big plus
- Understanding of relationship database structures, theories, principles, and practices a plus
- Strong stakeholder management skills and outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to work confidently and collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders of varying seniorities
- Can work independently, is pragmatic, and enjoys working in a high energy environment