Data Implementation, Associate
- Not Specified
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock Data Services provides information services to BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions, ensuring that all information necessary for the investment management process, as well as portfolio and client servicing, is complete, accurate, timely and effectively controlled.
Data Services Integration (DSI) within BDS provides two-way connectivity between our clients and core operations teams. DSI ensures all data services activities are guided exclusively by our clients’ needs and provides oversight for all new and existing data and client integration/implementations activities across the group. The Data Implementations team is responsible to evaluate, onboard, QC and enhance the data for BlackRock Solutions’ clients including Aladdin, Risk Solution, IAG and FMA businesses.
- Identify client’s unique data needs and ensure relevant jobs are enabled to meet demand, with the ability to advise on custom solutions.
- Use SQL/UNIX to analyze and troubleshoot large data sets and query information from a vast database.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Addressing inquiries and resolving problems from clients and internal BlackRock stakeholders.
- Understand data requirements and sign off on accuracy and content of files delivered by data providers.
- Build and maintain strong working partnerships with Aladdin Client support teams, liaising as a subject matter expert for all related needs.
- Partner with business analysts and developers in innovation to improve the Aladdin product, build process efficiency and scale, improve data quality, reduce operating risk, and navigate the changing market.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, with preference to business disciplines such as Finance, Accounting, or Economics, and technical disciplines such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- A “Student of the Markets” mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Possess expert level Security Master knowledge and ability to accurately perform coverage analysis of RFP’s and model client positions.
- Willing to travel periodically, working offsite at local client locations
- Basic knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, and team oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem solving mindset.
- Base knowledge of technical tools such as SQL, Unix, or Python is a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.