Data Engineer (Senior Associate / Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Data Engineer
in our Data Management Office
of Finance Department!!
The incumbent will be based in the Group Customer Analytics & Decisioning team, supporting Bank of Singapore's data sourcing, curation, transformation and management services to accelerate their data analytics projects. He/she will be responsible for expanding and optimizing BOS data pipelines & architecture to support analytical needs. Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for creating and optimizing Regulatory Compliance data pipelines & architecture. These will support analytical needs around topics such as Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Customer and Investigations.
- Create and maintain the optimal data pipeline architecture to enable ingestion from a wide variety of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and cleansing/transformation.
- Support development and deployment of applications utilizing the data pipelines to provide actionable insights into suspicious transactions, anomaly detection, network analysis and dash boarding.
- Support other ongoing BOS data initiative projects for data analytics
Programming & Data
- General Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 6 years of working experience in data management, ETL and analysis functions
- Understanding of banking / financial services with exposure to Legal and Regulatory Compliance preferred
Communication & Soft Skills
- Strong hands-on skills in SQL & PL/SQL
- Solid background in traditional structured database environments such as Teradata / Oracle
- Knowledge on data warehouse and FSLDM concepts
- Exposure to Hadoop Ecosystem such as HIVE, Sqoop and Streaming data systems
- Exposure in end to end automation - building procedures, ETL and automated job scheduling - using the likes of likes of Datastage, Airflow, Talend, Pentaho, Kafka
- Ideally some knowledge of analytical software tool such as SAS / Python / R / Qlikview / Tableau / Spark
For all headhunters / recruitment firms, any CVs received without a formal agreement will be unsolicited and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
- Curiosity & a real passion for understanding "why?"
- Pragmatic "can do" approach to finding data based solutions to problems
- Good communication skills with ability to engage across business and technical audiences