Data Engineer, Consultant
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Leverage strong data engineering experience with cutting edge technologies in the relational, unstructured and cloud ecosystem and data lake/warehouse spaces to support and enable a true data driven company.
- To extract, transform and aggregate data that can scale to petabytes, elastically, with low latency and high availability
- Perform technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications
- Develop specifications for new information technology products, applications and system service offerings
- Assess the compatibility and integration of IT products and services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies
- A background in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Experience building complex data pipelines for data integration from enterprise wide applications/systems into centralised big data lakes/warehouses
- Experience and understanding of distributed database technologies/concepts. Strong knowledge in SQL and bash scripting.
- Experience integrating real-time data streaming including Spark and Kafka
- Strong analytical competencies with the ability to turn requests from Business Intelligence and Data Analyst personnel into efficient and scalable data transformations
- A proficient Python/Java programmer
- Experience building and enforcing strong data quality guarantees and anomaly detection into data pipeline
Nice To Haves
- Experience with AWS/Azure and their suite of product offerings.
- Knowledge of database internals and optimizations.
- Knowledge of optimised data storage and serialisation formats
- Fundamental data science knowledge and experience
What we expect from you
- You are a data visionary that believes in the power and potential of being data driven
- Be willing to share your expertise and mentor less experienced engineers
- Able to work quickly and independently within a fast pace agile team
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.