Data Engineer, Assistant Dir/Associate
Job Description As an engineering member of the Data Operations group you will have the opportunity to contribute to a team responsible for generating and delivering industry leading risk metrics to a variety of products offered by the company. As a member of this team you'll be responsible for supporting and engineering processes that supply clients with mission critical risk metrics. You'll be responsible for assisting in trouble shooting these processes taking part in the design of new processes and delivery to new products and fine tuning existing processes. In addition the successful candidate will work closely with research teams, business teams, and our data quality team and data production team on ensuring the best quality delivery to our end clients. You will also be working closely with internal development and research teams as well as product teams on new product development and enhanced data requests.
The successful candidate will have the capability to meaningfully contribute to at least one of the two roles below:
Data Engineering: Creating new data pipelines bringing data together from multiple sources and building automated processes to enrich and deliver this data to clients. This requires an eye for details as well as proven technical experience in SQL, ETL programming, scripting, and data architecture.
Data Operations: Ensuring completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of data provided to clients and company products. This includes building out automated monitoring and alerts as well as streamlining existing processes.
We're looking for a resourceful top performer who is passionate about data and technology and interested in learning about financial risk management. You should have excellent data analysis skills with the ability to dissect data effectively and ask the right questions. You should also have the capacity to solve difficult problems while being able to take on multiple projects and see them through to completion. The ideal candidate will be extremely flexible who has a demonstrated record of driving improvements to existing processes and helping build new ones.
- Work with our Data Teams in the Global teams to provide support
- Support and resolve data issues with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Optimize existing processes.
- Enhance existing data pipelines and build new ones. Build data sets for multiple software products
- Collaborate with our Research, Support, Product Management and Application Development teams as well as external data providers
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field or Finance or a related field or applicable experience in programming. Master's degree is a plus.
- relevant experience minimum 1 year, preferably in financial industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Hands on experience working with data on a technical level
- Ability to work with at least one of the below technologies:
- SQL Server
- ETL tool (Clover , SSIS, etc)
- CFA or FRM certifications.
- Exposure to credit risk models.
- Experience with mining data sets.
- Experience documenting standard operating procedures.
- Experience with following technologies:
- MS Excel
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.