Data Engineer/Analyst - Customer Experience, Voice of the Customer
About the Role
The Data and Analytics team, within Customer Experience is hiring a Data Engineer/Analyst to set up and improve data streams to a central data hub, from which service delivery performance data can be analysed.
Primary location: Singapore
The job requires working in close collaboration with the various services delivery teams as well as key Customer Experience Transformation programme teams such as the customer journey teams.
Key tasks include to design, build and integrate data pipes from multiple sources where services data is available, but not yet exploitable.
In collaboration with the team, you will need to define data ingestion rules and data management tools, so that large amounts of data can be analysed by yourself, your business analysts and data scientists or put available to business teams through self-service mechanisms.
This is a unique opportunity for a team player who likes new challenges and wants to develop her/his data analysis, engineering and mining skills, as well as networking skills to deliver top quality work with impact on the future of a world-class customer services. In this role you will be exposed to SWIFT's strategic programs, and be working closely with both CeX and services teams to deliver insights and value to their objectives. What to expect:
What will make you successful:
- Define data analysis use cases with stakeholders in services or CeX teams (users or business analysts)
- Set up data pipes to get data from various systems in the right date and formats where needed.
- Set up data use cases using existing data feeds and points in platforms such as OASIS, iRiS, Watch;
- Define "self-services" dashboards and analysis for direct usage by stakeholders
- Perform Data analysis to turn data into insights in collaboration with the business teams.
- Understanding and maintaining our current analytic platform
- Our current platform is providing advanced analytics insights based on the replication of database information, the data engineer will ensure the end-to-end replication flow is running and monitored
- Cleaning process of data
- Build an automatic monitoring of the cleaning flow
- Follow-up on the mandatory COTS upgrades
- Upgrade of R and Python libraries complying with the company security policies
- The scope of our analytics will be extended to other services areas and platforms, and will require some new infrastructure/tooling to be set up
- Explore and identify the most suitable solution in Operational or financial data warehouses and/or data lakes
- This solution will integrate data coming from various data sources, and the data engineer role would be to contribute to the definition and set-up of the best storage structure, for both our Data warehouse and data lake, as well as a future data management platform flow the data into our warehouse (stream and flow)
- Setup a report server whereby self-service dashboard can be accessed by the business/delivery users, without having to install local client software or distribute static excel based reports (e.g. Shiny server)
- University degree or equivalent
- Min. 3 years experience as Data Engineer or Analyst
- Passionate about data analysis, data engineering and science.
- Excellent analytics skills on large data sets and have the ability to synthesis into key findings
- Knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of SQL, Hadoop, Kafka
- Knowledge of programming languages R, R Studio, Python
- Knowledge of data visualization tools - Tableau / Microstrategies/Shiny/Kibana)
- Build collaborative networks with key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of internal customers and stakeholders.
- Experience with SWIFT products and services either from a technical services, support or business perspective is a strong asset
- A team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluent in English
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team.
Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Bart Verlinden - Support Transformation Manager
Nils Maronier - Customer Experience Transformation Leader
Polly Ip - Recruiter (APAC) What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.