The Data Analytics Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. Responsibilities:
- Build and enhance the software stack for modelling and data analytics
- Incorporate relevant data related algorithms in the products to solve business problems and improve them over time
- Automate repetitive data modelling and analytics tasks
- Keep up to date with available relevant technologies, to solve business problems
- Become a subject matter expert and closely work with analytics users to understand their need & provide recommendations/solutions
- Help define/share best practices for the business users and enforce/monitor that best practices are being incorporated for better efficiency (speed to market & system performance)
- Share daily/weekly progress made by the team
- Work with senior stakeholders & drive the discussions independently
- Mentor and lead a team of software developers on analytics related product development practices
- 2-5 years of data engineering experience.
- Must have hands-on experience in Distributed data processing systems, preferably PySpark.
- Should have experience in Streaming systems, Preferably Kafka.
- Experience in working on machine-learning model deployment/scoring, model lifecycle management and model performance measurement is preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and good team player.
- Ability to quickly grasp the business problem and nuances when put forth.
- Ability to quickly put together an execution plan and see it through till closure.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Data Analytics Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting