Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Key responsibilities
The ideal candidate should possess
- Design and implement data pipelines in Hadoop platform
- Understand business requirement and solution design to develop and implement solutions that adhere to big data architectural guidelines and address business requirements
- Fine-tuning of new and existing data pipelines
- Schedule and maintain data pipelines
- Drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Analytics or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in data warehousing / distributed system such as Hadoop
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL DB
- Experience in building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Excellent experience in Scala or Python
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.