- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Data Centre Strategy Development Specialist
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Data Centre Strategy Development SpecialistAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Develop DC strategy across 52 countries covering the following steps:
· Assessment of demand in country
· Assessment of the current DC lease
· Assessment of the economics
· Assessment of the business criticality of applications
· Assessment of the opportunity to consolidate globally or decommission
Potentially run RFP around selection of new Colocation Data Centres involving:
· Engaging the appropriate teams internally (Sourcing, Legal, Security, Property, etc)
· Liaising with Data Centre Colocation vendors
· Managing Data Centre Colocation site assessments for Technology and Facilities Management
· Get an approved Data Centre recommendation
Develop a strategy / business case covering:
· Approvals by appropriate people
Potential project management of the approved strategy through implementation and handover to Data Centre Operations.
Our Ideal Candidate
· Demonstrate ability to develop a Data Centre Strategy
· Managing, building/developing or operating Data Centres for organisations
· Project management skills ideally with data centre SME
· In depth knowledge of Data centre operations
· Data Centre Facilities management
· Experience working across multiple countries and cultures.
· Banking experience
· Budget Management
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work effectively as part of global team
· Very good communications skills and writing skills
· Management of external (vendor) resources, wherever required.
· Ability to train operational staff in new procedures
· Strong analytical skills
· Must be able to prioritise tasks
· Must be flexible in terms of tasks
· Act as a team player and leader based on situation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.