BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
This position, based in Singapore, is in the Business Analytics department of BNPP Wealth Management Asia. The candidate will lead a dedicated business analytics team that uses data, analytics and statistical methods to generate insights to guide business decisions. He/she will oversee activities of the team throughout the analytics lifecycle to ensure that analytics delivers business value and work of high quality. Additionally, he/she will be directly involved in analytics projects; by engaging stakeholders to understand and frame business issues, obtaining and preparing relevant data for analysis, building and validating analytics solutions and communicating findings and recommendations.
1. Leadership Role
Lead and oversee a team of business analysts
Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team
Coach and mentor members to raise critical skills, competency levels and prepare them for professional growth
2. Analytics Role
Drive analytics activities at all stages of the analytics life-cycle - understanding business needs, defining business questions to be answered, sourcing, cleansing and transforming data, conducting exploratory data analysis, developing and validating models and explaining analytics results, implications and proposals in business terms
Engage stakeholders to understand business issues, opportunities and to frame it in a manner that can be analysed and modelled
Plan and track progress of analytics development activities
Identify and obtain relevant data, ensure proper data cleansing, transformation and aggregation rules are applied, explained and documented
Ensure that statistical methodologies, analytics and machine learning techniques applied are suitable for the issue at hand, and assumptions / constraints of the techniques are clearly understood
Translate analytics findings and insights into actionable business proposals and activities
Build effective communication approach using data visualisation techniques, data storytelling and presentation best practices
Present findings and recommendations
3. Collaboration Role
Facilitate individual and team collaboration with internal and external teams
Ensure internal data & analytics standards are enforced and reviewed for continued relevance
Support analytics operationalisation, validate relationship between performance and result indicators
1. Minimum 5 years of direct experience in leading data analytics teams in a banking environment
2. Proven track record of successful execution of data analytics initiatives where development of insights led to improved business performance. Candidate must be able to demonstrate success leading analytics and analytics teams, working with structured / unstructured data, applying statistical & analytics methodology to undercover insights, and explaining & presenting analytics recommendations to non-analytics audiences. Individuals with practical experience applying analytics in client franchise growth, sales management or portfolio diversification in private banks will have a strong advantage
3. Bachelors or Master's degree in Data Science, Data Analytics or Applied Statistics
4. Knowledge and experience in usage of R, Python, Tableau, Business Objects and SQL
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint collaboration tools.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills - this position requires individuals with exceptional ability to understand business problems, summarise expectations, translate and explain analytical results and recommendations clearly, and precisely in business terms. He/she is expected to interact with numerous stakeholders to aid them in applying data to guide decisions
2. Analytics skills - the candidate must have a passion for using data and data analytics to improve business performance, and be highly knowledgeable and skilled in statistical, analytics and data mining techniques
3. Critical thinking & problem solving skills - ability to assess situations, verify facts, reason logically to formulate and propose alternatives.
4. Interpersonal skills - highly driven and self-motivated, and very comfortable working with senior business executives from cross functional areas, with ability to interact with ease, collaborate with diverse teams, establish rapport and build trust.