- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Data Analytics Lead (Digital, Data & Platforms)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Data Analytics Lead (Digital, Data & Platforms)About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Strategic data initiatives in Transaction Banking creates differentiated digital capabilities for clients to access the Bank's transactional services in over 50 markets efficiently and securely. This includes internet and mobile banking for global business clients, direct integration options, as well as services through third parties.
- The role would be suited to a candidate experienced as data lead responsible for innovative data analytics solutions based on cutting-edge technology
- Proven track records in building and deploying (financial services) analytic solutions that have created significant value for customers and in additional revenue based on new business models
- Strong data defining, structuring, labelling and developing data models to capture, store, process and use this data to generate intelligent outcomes through Data Analytics
- Working with the global and regional stakeholders to define data strategy & execution
- The candidate will have a profound knowledge of large data sets, data management, data governance, data science and metadata. Relevant experience in using data is a pre-requisite.
- Works closely with business stakeholders in identifying their requirements, designing solutions, prioritization of use-cases and driving the roadmap. Ensure data quality and governance, and right tools and processes are applied.
- The role requires close partnership with Cash, Trade, and Security Services Product organisation. Other key stakeholders include global Sales and Implementation teams, Technology, and risk owners such as legal and compliance.
- This role reports to the Global Head of Data & AI Solutions for Transaction Banking.
- Works closely with the TB business stakeholders in identifying their requirements, designing solutions, prioritization of use-cases and driving the roadmap.
- Be the thought leader in data acquisition topics, quality assurance, completeness, accuracy & consistency, incorporating effective data governance across the firm's data landscape.
- Continuously evaluate the bank's data capabilities to identify and prioritise opportunities to grow volumes and revenue.
- Helps drive the analytics & AI strategy for transaction banking and wider SCB space. Working closely with business stakeholders and technology in order to create innovative analytics solutions that deliver value to the business.
- Apply and ensure data governance framework.
- Lead and responsible for marketing messaging, data solutions use cases and testimonials.
- Able to proactively identify and pitch business value to various stakeholders in presentation. Set priorities and communicate them effectively to stakeholders.
- Lead the design of protocols, which will define what data type and when it is to be collected.
- Drive and ensure all elements of data are consistent and governance.
- Organisational readiness for new solutions rollout including training, process guides and securing necessary stakeholder approvals.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis, management reporting.
- Contribute to industry forums representing the Bank professionally and effectively.
- Managing risks and regulatory issues associated in data analytics solutions.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Master degree and certifications into advanced analytic
- Minimum of 7+ years experience working on the edge of business & technology and creating leading edge data analytics solutions.
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills to actively engage with cross-cultural teams across the globe.
- Experienced in setting up tools & processes for business analytics building advanced business intelligence and data visualization solutions
- Track record in delivering advanced analytics and AI projects with measurable business benefits
- Experience with setting up and running an advanced analytics team / preferably offshore teams
- Strong operational knowledge and hands-on experience on data lakes, cloud (AWS, Azure), AI tools, Advanced analytic s & BI tools like R, Python, Ten s z orflow , and Tableau
- Experienced working on global projects and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong network with start-up scene, advanced analytics / AI companies and leading consultants in this space
- Proven track records in building professional relationships across and outside a complex matrixed organisation.
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity, managing through change and making decisions.
- Experienced in conceptualising and articulating sustainable and cost-efficient business solutions. Analytical, critical, and creative problem-solving skills with an in-depth understanding of utilizing data to meet business goals in better ways.
- Effective and persuasive communication in English with experience in presenting to clients, delivering training courses, co-creation sessions, and to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to e vangelize the use of data and analytics to create a data-driven culture
- Experienced in combining third party data with enterprises own data to build innovative analytics solutions
- Strong business acumen and the ability to design performance metrics, set projections/ targets, and put in place actionable improvement programmes
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.