Data Analytics Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Create strong blending data capabilities within team so that we can come up with useful client information from data very quickly
- Engage with business stakeholders cross countries and gather requirement and liaise with ETL team to get the required data preparation.
- Promote analytics driven decision making processes across multiple segments/product portfolios
- Engage and execute the dashboards on Tableau, PowerBI or similar visualization tools
- Explore statistical and automation tools like Python for predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Engage relevant technology teams to embed advanced statistical tools
- Prepare and/or contribute to regular updates for various committees and governance forums
- Provide insights to senior management and the network based on MIS and analytics
- Highlight any perceived risks and early alerts to the management based on data analytics
- Perform data validation and dashboard performance optimization
- A proven track record with 10+ years or more of relevant analytics work experience and demonstrated career progression/increase in responsibilities
- Designed and delivered data models, data warehousing/ data lake and ETL pipelines
- Domain expertise in Transaction Banking with past experience in similar Analytics or reporting roles is preferred
- Strong academic record: Degree in Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of either SQL, SAS, R or Python
- Strong understanding of Hadoop ecosystem and relational Databases
- Strong Knowledge of Tableau or similar visualization tools
- Experience with file formats like JSON, XML and CSV
- Accessing data from API's would also be hugely beneficial
- Proficient in excel and SQL
- Knowledge of statistical modelling and machine learning will be an added plus s
- Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in project management from business requirement definition, solution validation, user testing, technical documentation and production roll out
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills to varying levels of management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.