Data Analytics Internal Audit Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Singapore , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 29 Jan 18 2018-01-29
Great opportunity for someone who has data analytics skills such as Taleau and ACL to work for a financial services firm within the internal audit team.
Manager, Internal Audit
Group Internal Audit (GIA)
- To provide value-adding audit and business insights from data analysis using data analytic tools such as ACL and Tableau.
- To provide value-adding independent audit services to the Audit Committee, Group Office, senior management and the regulator on the company’s capacity to manage risk and to provide reasonable assurance that the system of internal controls, as designed, is achieving its objectives.
- To liaise with the control communities and other members of the company to contribute to the implementation of an effective and efficient system of internal control.
- To assist in the development, and complete the annual audit plan, which will be approved by the AIA Group and local Audit Committee
- Lead or participate in other ad-hoc or specialized assignments as required.
- Support audit engagements by scripting of data analysis procedures in ACL and/or Tableau, focusing on key risks specific to the audit processes in scope and uncovering meaningful insights for the audit team and the Management.
- Assist in the development of the annual risk-based audit plan by assessing the key risks at the Local Business Unit and inputs from Group Office.
- Plan, lead/support and execute audits within the organization in accordance with the annual audit plan approved by the Group and Local Audit Committee. Review and co-ordinate the work of the team members and ensure that the working papers, draft audit reports and other deliverables meet internal standards and assignments are completed within budgeted time.
- Communicate the results of audits and other assignments via written reports and oral presentations, and provide professional advice and insights in order to enable informed management decisions.
- Build relationship with senior leaders and work with them to contribute and address issues on risk exposures and controls.
- Liaise with external auditors and regulatory inspectors on audit related matters.
- Whenever required and at Group Internal Audit’s request, to undertake audit assignments outside Singapore and also special investigation projects.
- Minimum Bachelors degree. Major in Computer Science or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Minimum eight years of data analysis and/or programming experience
- Internal/external audit experience in the insurance, financial or a related industry would be an advantage.
- Qualified accountant: CA, CPA or equivalent
- Hands on experience in ACL and Tableau scripting as well as all data analysis and visualisation functions
- Superior knowledge of audit methodologies and audit-related application
- Strong understanding / experience in the insurance industry
- Hands on experience in audit planning and control requirements
- Proven governance and control philosophy
- Strong leadership, project management and organisation skills
- Excellent analytical, written/verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Solid problem solving skills, ability to analyse complex data, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet milestones within time, cost and quality constraints
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly and multi-task
- Works well in a team environment