Data Analytic and Business Insight -IBOR
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role
Standard Chartered Bank ("SCB") serves clients across three client facing divisions: Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, and Retail banking. These customers are served in over 70 markets.
This is a management reporting role that will be responsible for engaging with all functions across Standard Chartered globally. You will be working with senior management stakeholders within each function to consolidate Inter-Bank Offered Rate (IBOR's) and Alternate Reference Rate (ARR) exposures and perform data quality checks for IBOR Program reporting. Additionally, this will include analysis of exposures, development of reporting solutions etc. For the IBOR transition, this role will drive effective (a) Support to business stakeholder for analytics (b) Data Strategy, Architecture and transformation (c) Data Quality Assessment & Remediation.
In this role, the individual will be exposed to a highly dynamic area of the Bank and have the opportunity to directly contribute to the IBOR programme that has high impact across the network.
This role will have the opportunity to be exposed the broader BSC COO team and gain an understanding of the products offered by the bank across business and segments.
This role will be supporting Business stakeholder and Head of Analytics and Business Insight for the IBOR Transition Programme. The Role Responsibilities Support to business stakeholder for analytics
Data Strategy, Architecture and Transformation
- Lead the development of in-house management information tools & reporting including automation of reporting execution steps
- Manage and engage key stakeholders across divisions, be a key driver supporting working Steering Groups and Steering Committees meetings as needed
- Development of technical specification document based on business requirement, mapping between source and target systems.
- Applies data cleansing strategies to enrich the source data for a better analytics and insight for the business and client outreach.
Data quality Assessment and Remediation
- Drive data strategy and architecture for the IBOR Transition
- Collaborates with data and business workstreams to derive the data strategy roadmap.
- Defines data requirements and performs data inventory analysis to qualify right data sources and attributes.
- Articulates the data principles and requirements for Master Data Management at Organisation level.
Our Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Identify critical data quality issues that would impact downstream reporting.
- Perform data/ database reconciliations and committee presentations generation, provide in-depth analysis, and succinct explanations of results obtained to key business stakeholders
- Collaborate and provide day-to-day support to all relevant business units, Group Finance, Treasury, Operation,
- Engage stakeholders to raise the bar on quality delivery, collaboration and innovation.
- Data analytics, Financial Modelling, Interested Rate Risk modelling,
- Computer science background
- Banking domain involving one or more of the following: Finance, Regulatory, Risk Management, Data Analytics,
- Stress testing methodologies, interest rate modelling, Quantitative finance
- Good knowledge of interest-bearing Assets and Liabilities and NII modelling.
- Experience in implementation of projects ideally through multi-country operations teams
- Experience as the key liaison with stakeholders to define and execute processes - business as usual and change
- Highly developed proficiency in using SAS, SQL, Python, R, VBA, Tableau and MSTR.
- Experience in software design and development
- CFA, FRM or CQF certification will be consider a plus
- Highly developed communication and stakeholder management skills, able to converse in appropriate levels of detail with Business Heads, COOs/CIOs, Frontline, Middle Office/Operations Risk, Legal & Compliance (L&C), etc.
- Attention to detail
- High degree of responsibility
- Self-motivated, and works well in teams
- Very structured and very disciplined
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to challenge/ question
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.