Data Analyst Intern, Business Intelligence
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces in eight markets (presence in nine countries) across Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and India. Carousell is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, Sequoia Capital, and Naspers.
The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories . As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell. You will:
- You will be attached to one of the sub-functions in the Data Team (e.g. Business Intelligence or Product Analytics), and will own at least 1 major area of responsibility throughout your 6 months of internships. There will also be the ability to rotate between different areas of learning should the opportunity arise.
- The scope of data projects or tasks you may be involved include but are not limited to:
- Data ETL automation generate operational reports
- AB testing and experiment design for our product delivery teams
- Participate in creative data analysis or products (either descriptive or predictive)
- Communication and presentation of key insights to business or product stakeholders to aid decision making
- Good SQL and Python knowledge is preferred - you should possess at least basic core skills in querying and processing data
- Good stats knowledge is preferred - understanding of basic statistical concepts like P-value or T-tests will help aid experimentation and testing
- Sensitive to data integrity and understand the importance of data quality to generate accurate analysis
- Good communication skills to understand business requirements and communicate with / present to business stakeholders where needed
- A positive, can do attitude - resourceful to drive your own learning while at the same time able to proactively reach out for mentorship and guidance which is availed to you