Data Analyst, Data Protection Office (Senior Associate/ Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities. At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programs that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore has defined an ambitious roadmap for accelerating its data strategy through 1) the implementation of a Data Analytics Platform for the bank 2) the implementation of a Hub and Spoke organization for analytics with the Data Hub, as a center of excellence, supporting the business spokes of each department 3) a strong while agile data governance ensuring data quality, privacy and ethical use of data. Organization Context
Reporting to the Head of the Data Protection Office, within the Data Hub organization, his / her responsibilities include advising and issuing recommendations on the Bank's compliance with relevant Data Protection Regulations (including the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act and EU General Data Protection Regulation); acting as a point of contact with relevant regulators; fostering a data protection culture; advising on data protection impact assessments; documenting the Data Protection Office's decisions and advice; and offering consultation on data incidents.
The Senior Associate / Associate Director is required to have strong technical knowledge in PDPA and GDPR as well as know how to operationalize compliance to meet their regulatory requirements. Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of Data Protection Office to develop and implement Data Protection Regulation compliant policies.
- Provide advice and guide the various Business Units to align with Data Protection Regulation requirements.
- Resolve queries and issues relating to data protection;
- Handle customer and regulator queries.
- Promote data protection awareness through training and written procedures.
- Conduct data protection Impact assessments when required.
- Conduct investigation on matters and occurrences relating to personal data and undertake remediation action as required.
- Monitor and share information to ensure that data protection policies and practices are consistently implemented.
- Coordinate scrubbing of SG telephone numbers monthly before expiry of last scrubbing results.
- Review and complete Data Protection Regulation Breach / Incident assessments per stipulated timelines.
- Prepare and submit Data Protection Regulation Breaches to PDPC / Supervisory Authority when required.
- University degree.
- CIPM, CIPP or other relevant data protection certifications would be preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in data protection, legal compliance, or advising on or implementing Data Protection Regulations.
- Ability to handle information and business affairs pragmatically and confidentially.
- Familiarity with data protection impact assessments and best practices.
- Excellent communication with data subjects, regulators and other organisations, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, and ability to work confidently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Eager to learn and experiment to pick up new skills / knowledge and can adapt to evolving needs / requirements.
- Ability to work independently, is pragmatic and enjoys high energy levels.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to complex demands in a diverse culture.