Data Analyst - CFS Risk & Prevention
Overall Job Purpose:
Qualifications Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Competencies): General Knowledge & Experience:
- Provide expertise to analyze, recommend, develop and implement data drive solutions to uplift overall CFS Risk & Prevention risk surveillance capabilities covering Sales, AML and Operations risk.
- Provide thought leadership to CFS R&P team so they can visualize how data led techniques - such as machine learning - could significantly change the way that Compliance Operates.
- Improve effectiveness and efficiency of compliance monitoring activities and processes leveraging on data analytics capabilities.
- Support the development, execution and refinement of automated systems for AML, Sales and Operations Surveillance to detect and validate suspicious transactions for escalation.
- Support adhoc reporting requests from the CFS R&P team.
- Be the GCAD expert on regulatory and compliance related data matters.
Programming & Data:
- Be updated on industry risk surveillance trends and capabilities for application consideration within CFS
- Previous data analytics experience in Risk Surveillance and/or Audit capacity covering at least 2 or more (AML/Sales/Operations/Fraud) categories preferred.
- Demonstrated Forward thinking approach and initiatives in risk management via data analytics
Communication & Soft Skills:
- Exposure to database or analytical marketing functions.
- Some prior exposure to analytical software tools of leading analytical software tools (such as Python/SAS/R); leading database environments (Oracle / Teradata / Hadoop / SQL); reporting tools (Power BI/Qlikview / Tableau).
- Ability to analyse, identify, visualize and describe key trends within large datasets
- Machine learning, statistical modeling, visualization
- Good team player
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with people at different levels
- Positive and progressive behavioral traits