Interns and Entry Level
About Cubist Cubist Systematic Strategies is one of the world's premier investment firms. The firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures and foreign exchange. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by our unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources.
Job Description We are passionate about data. We collaborate to build elegant, effective, scalable and highly reliable solutions to empower predictive modelling in finance.
Cubist's Data Services group is looking for a Data Analyst to join our dedicated team. Our group is responsible for the timely delivery of comprehensive and error-free data to some of the most demanding and successful systematic Portfolio Managers in the world.
This exceptional individual will be a member of a small team of Data Scientists/Analysts who play a vital role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day implementation of a large research infrastructure, and the live production trading of billions of dollars of capital across global capital markets, including equities, futures, options and other financial instruments.
- Identifying potential data sources
- Coordinating with compliance team and legal team on new vendor trial/subscription process
- Assisting with collecting and maintaining vendor overviews and content offerings
- Assisting with data questions and requests from investment teams
- Setting up feed downloads and monitor check-in database
- Monitoring the automated data collection and cleansing infrastructure
- Assisting with scheduling meetings and conference calls between data users and experts
- Assisting Data team with interoffice travel arrangements, expenses, etc.
- Assisting in organizing presentations
- Managing data trial repository permissions
- Downloading trial datasets from vendor FTP sites or other delivery mechanism
- Assisting Data Team with manual data processing as required
- Maintaining Cubist Data Wiki contents
- Bachelor degree required
- Basic understanding of SQL.
- Programming skills in Python and at least one of C#, C++, or Java are a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Financial industry experience is preferred but not required
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and a love of process
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in assessing and determining how to handle queries, calls and issues
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.