Data Acquisition & Integration Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Analyse business requirements and target state Client Lifecycle Data Management and come up with the end-to-end design including technical implementation
- Hands-on experience in data migration methodology and managing large scale data migration projects
- Assess, review and implement performance tuning / optimization techniques like VLDB settings, push-down optimization, explain plan for Informatica PowerCenter, MicroStrategy dashboards and reports
- Hands-on experience in install, configure, re-configure and upgrade Informatica PowerCenter Suite, Database & Unix server components
- Develop ETL procedures to ensure conformity, compliance with standards and translate business rules & functional requirements into ETL procedures
- Create re-usable components using Informatica PowerCenter server for the ETL batches and sessions
- Automate production deployments by developing necessary scripts & procedures
- Hands-on experience to orchestrate data touch points across data acquisition, data integration, data profiling, data quality & reference data
- Work with testing teams to improve quality of testing in adopting automated testing tools
- Collaborate and partner with product owner, business users and senior business stakeholders to understand the data acquisition and reporting requirements of the business and clearly document it for further analysis
- Understanding of business processes (like onboarding) and map the existing business/data flows as part of migration to the target business/data flow
- Work closely with business stakeholders in defining data quality metrics, exceptions management, service level agreements and data lineage methodology, reference data management & data governance
- Provide the required input and assistance to the business users in performing the data validation and ensure the data and reports are delivered with accurate numbers
- Interact with support teams periodically and get input on the various business users' needs
- Full lifecycle Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehousing project experience, including requirements analysis, proof-of-concepts, design, development, testing, deployment and administration
- Process oriented and experienced in onsite-offshore project delivery, using agile methodology and best practices
- Well versed with agile based project delivery methodology
- Should have successfully implemented or delivered projects using best practices on technology delivery in banking and finance industry
- Actively participate in discussions with business users, architects and infrastructure teams to seek endorsements and approvals wherever necessary with respect to technology project delivery
- Assess and evaluate the risks that are related to the project delivery and update the stakeholders with appropriate remediation and mitigation approach
- Manage and actively monitor risk to reduce the likelihood of occurrence
- Review the technical solutions and deliverables with architects and key technology stakeholders and ensure that the deliverables are adhering to the risk governance rules
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Work with Technology Governance and support teams and establish standards for simplifying the existing Informatica batch programs & database routines
- Take end to end ownership of managing and administering Informatica workflows & MicroStrategy reports
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CIO, COO, DCDA Teams, PSS and Architects in CCIB
- 10 years of experience in the Data acquisition, Data integration, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse domain, with 7+ years of design & development experience in Data Integration & Bigdata tools
- Manage a team of 3-5 people in onsite-offshore environment
- Create project estimations, solution and design documentation, operational guidelines and production handover documentation
- Should have excellent technical, analytical, interpersonal and delivery capabilities in the areas of global enterprise scale application development and implementation, large-scale and global transformation project for banking domain, especially in the area of Client Lifecycle Management, Know Your Customer & Prospects.
- Deployment automation for Oracle database, Hadoop, Informatica workflow, Integration, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence to the feasible extent
- Shall be a good team player with excellent presentation skills, written and verbal communication
- Should be able communicate effectively technical information to non-technical audience, and business information to technical audience
- Develop data mapping documents and technical design specifications for the project deliverables
- Responsible for design and development of analytical data model, data acquisition, reports and dashboards
- Conduct product demonstrations, user training sessions to business users, technical walkthrough to PSS teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
- Certification in Data Warehouse technologies, Java technologies, Agile methodology / Scrum is added advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.