DataSpark- Developer #TeSA
DataSpark was created from a vision to transform Singtel's rich and unique repository of data into business value and social impact. Our data products and services provide powerful insights and advanced analytics capabilities to businesses, government agencies, and other telecommunication companies. We strive for our analytics to be trustworthy and relevant to our clients while adhering to high standards of data privacy.
At DataSpark, you get to work with rich and diverse datasets, cutting edge technology, and you get to see the impact of your results in real business and government decisions, which in turn provide positive social benefit for consumers at a large scale. As a startup that is part of Singtel, DataSpark provides an enviable work environment with spirited trailblazing and industrial countenance. Working alongside creative, energetic and passionate teammates from around the world, you get to be a part of our exciting growth journey as we build the company to the next level.
This job role is supported by the structured development programme for mid-career professionals under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative, led by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG).
The programme aims to provide Singaporeans aged 40 and above with a tech-related job while being reskilled or upskilled. Mid-career professionals will have the assurance of being employed in a paid job while attending structured Company-Led Training for in-demand tech skills. They will also gain experience in a tech role to tap into the good careers that the infocomm sector offers.
For more information on the programme, please visit www.imtalent.sg/TeSAMidCareer Responsibilities
- Design and develop back-end services, produce data feed that are required by front-end/visualization layer from variety of datastores.
- Collaborate with product management, sales and marketing, and solution delivery teams to ensure customer requirements are well managed and reflected in product releases.
- Support the deployment of DataSpark software within clients' technology environments
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of superior software development experience building commercial large-scale software systems and database systems.
- Preferably five years' experience building and running mission critical service at scale
- Ability to write high-performance and reusable code
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Demonstrated practical in-depth knowledge of data integration, metadata and BI analytics tools.
- Software development experience using Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) is a must.
- Experience in active commercial deployment services on containers such as Docker, Kubernetes.
Hands on experience with scripts using bash or python will be an added advantage.