DIRECTOR (FINANCE, PROCUREMENT AND ADMINISTRATION)
- Contract, Full time
- National Heritage Board
- 15 Oct 18
The Board is looking for a candidate with strong leadership ability to lead the team which is responsible for the financial, accounting, procurement and administrative functions. The Director will provide overall direction in establishing robust financial processes for accountability and is also resourceful in securing funds and maximising returns from investment of funds. In the space of Procurement and Administration, the Director upholds proper procurement governance and ensures that there is efficient support to the organisation.
The successful candidate also needs to have an innovative mindset to lead the team in its transformation journey, to champion new and more effective ways of working.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly accounted for
- Manage overall budget for NHB and ensure financial accountability by institutions/divisions
- Maximise returns on funds
- Ensure healthy cashflow for NHB
- Implement and maintain sound financial system
- Manage procurement systems and procedures in NHB and ensure compliance with Procurement Government Instruction Manual
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of the office administrative processes of NHB
- Manage and support innovation for the team and across the organisation
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate should come from a relevant background with strong strategic and analytical skills. A clear communicator with good communications and stakeholder management skills is critical to the organisation. Being familiar with the public sector processes as well as being technologically savvy would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Degree in Accountancy or Finance related field
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial systems, financial planning and analysis, and accounting principles
- Excellent contract management skills, combined with experience in strategic sourcing procedures and cost reduction initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills, specifically, the ability to work constructively across functions and with all reporting levels within the organisation
- Dynamic, forward-looking mindset to seize opportunities for innovation and change
If you share the same passion about heritage and culture, we welcome you to be a part of the family, join us on this journey to steer the organisation in its continuous growth.
Remuneration will commensurate with your experience and expertise. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.