Cybersecurity Intelligence Group Analyst - Fraud, VP
The Cybersecurity & TechnologyControls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management,controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partnerswith all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt andintegrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently andconsistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priorityis to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
Asan experienced professional in our cybersecurity organization, you won't justbe watching over our data - you'll be finding innovative new ways to protect itin the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team focused onanalyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stopadversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills togive guidance, advise on best practices and support our business and technologygroups. By taking the lead on incident response, risk reviews, vulnerabilityassessments and identifying threats, you'll help us deliver cost-effective solutionsthat put our clients first. You'll deploy best practices, new policies andemerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. By presenting yourfindings to senior leaders, you'll sharpen your communication and presentationskills. As part of our global team of technologists and innovators, your workwill have a critical impact on our company, as well as our clients and ourbusiness partners around the world.
Cybersecurity Intelligence Group (CIG)holds the global mandate for JPMorgan Chase's cyber intelligence collection,analysis, and dissemination of finished products to JPMorgan Chase's populationof security operations teams, information technology teams, lines of businessand overall executive decision makers.
CIG plays an integral role in theintelligence driven defense of JPMC. This team is responsible for externalengagement with peer groups and information security circles regarding cyberthreats, to address events such as intrusions, malware, DDoS, unauthorizedaccess, insider attacks and loss of proprietary information. This includesdeveloping a deep understanding of global threat actors.
CIG Senior Analysts provide intelligencesupport to Cybersecurity Operations investigations and should possess qualitiessuch as a sharp intellect, an eye for detail, a high analytical capability anda good technical/cyber underpinning. CIG Senior Analysts are able to workautonomously, using sound judgment to decide which leads to pursue andprioritize investigations and workload accordingly. An interest in cyber,current affairs and technology is essential.
As a CIG Senior Analyst, you will workclosely with the team and with partners across Cybersecurity Operations. Youwill build a thorough understanding of Global Cybersecurity and TechnologyControls (CTC) at the firm in order to provide high impact intelligence toprotect the firm. Prior experience in investment banking, asset management,consumer and/or commercial banking, will put you at a distinct advantage.
The candidate will also need to learn touse of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systemsare subject to enhanced screening, which includes both criminal and creditbackground checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting theposition and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need tobe successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires the following essential qualifications and capabilities: • Strong demonstrable knowledge of Cybercrime, cyber enabled fraud and an understanding of the principles of intelligence gathering and analysis.
• Demonstrable experience in analyzing fraud including a strong investigative mindset and the ability to apply critical thinking skills in a past paced environment
• Can take the lead if required and make decisions to direct operational resources during real time cyber fraud related incidents.
• Exposure to or an understanding of online organized crime groups and criminal markets, phishing, virtual currencies and other electronic crimes as they relate to cyber or technology enabled fraud.
• Skills in open and closed source research or intelligence gathering and analysis, relationship building, confidently presenting your ideas, building and maintaining contacts in the business and wider industry will be key to success in the role.
• Experience in analyzing large volumes of data including to develop actionable intelligence, conducting root cause and deep-dive analysis of complex problems, and in using visual analysis software such as i2 analyst notebook.
• Passionate about technology and not afraid to learn new technical skills, particularly as they relate to data mining and analysis and in developing an understanding of how sophisticated cyber fraud attempts take place.
• Can mentor analysts in the team leveraging previous experience.
• Ability to produce written intelligence reports and assessments related to cyber fraud initiatives with little to no oversight.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand complex problems while presenting them in a manner that is easily understood.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Significant experience working in an intelligence role such as for a government or law enforcement agency, or in an intelligence driven investigation or cyber fraud prevention role is highly desirable.
• H igh level of proficiency in reading and writing Mandarin, ideally including the ability to read and understand Mandarin internet slang and regulatory documents in Mandarin. This is required as this individual will cover cyber fraud intelligence and brand protection initiatives within the Chinese speaking parts of the APAC region. Ability in any other Chinese dialects or APAC languages would be a bonus.
• F amiliarity with financial services industry terms, products and services particularly as they relate to the movement of money such as electronic payment systems is desirable.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.