Cybersecurity - Cyber Incident Response & Cyber Forensics Investigator
Cybersecurity - Cyber Incident Response & Cyber Forensics InvestigatorKPMG Cyber Forensic services cover key areas of vulnerability for private and public sector organisations and bring multi-disciplinary capabilities to bear on our clients' issues. We help organisations to investigate and evaluate suspected fraud or corruption and improve fraud and regulatory risk management.
We invite highly motivated and dynamic professionals to join our fast paced growing practice. The incumbent will conduct computer forensic investigations and provide forensic experience for the team.
You will work with an experienced team of forensic professionals, cyber incident coordinators, security professionals, attorneys, and corporate partners. The successful candidate will possess forensic experience and a strong understanding of industry protocols and tools.
The role involves:
• Utilising leading forensic software to identify, collect, preserve and analyze electronic data from laptops, desktops, servers, backup tapes, cell phones, PDAs and a wide variety of other media;
• Demonstrating proficient working knowledge in evidence handling, chain-of-custody, acquisition techniques, analysis of digital evidence, forensic lab practices and procedures;
• Support the team with managing multiple cyber-crime incidents and forensic investigations; and
• Strong background and experience in performing forensic work that requires use of various forensic tools to analyse and/or recover deleted or hidden files, complex forensic artefacts (e.g. internet history, unallocated/slack space, memory, registry, network logs, malware, etc).
The candidate should possess:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in computer forensics and technical investigations in legal or law enforcement, government investigation agencies, or professional services firm or forensic investigation consultant preferred;
• Bachelor's degree holder preferably in Information Technology, Computer Security, or Computer Science;
• Professional certifications such as EnCase Certified Examiner (Guidance Software), AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), SANS GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), GIAC Network Forensic Analyst (GNFA) or GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) and membership in professional associations such as High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA);
• Understanding of information security, network architecture, general database concepts, document management, hardware and software troubleshooting, email systems such as Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office applications, and computer forensic tools such as EnCase and FTK;
• Ability to understand programming languages such as: C#, Java, Python, Pearl, Bash scripting, PHP, etc;
• Knowledge and experience in the following operating systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, MacOS;
• Strong team oriented work ethic with client centric focus;
• Excellent analytical and investigative skills;
• Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to interface with other parts of the organization such as IT assurance and security and external clients; and
• Flexibility to meet the travel requirements.
The successful candidate will be appointed to the rank appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
• Fresh graduates to 2 years of relevant experience for Associate
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience for Senior Associate
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience for Assistant Manager
• At least 5-6 years of relevant experience for Manager
• More than 8 years of relevant experience for Associate Director